**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
I did try Google and they were having none of it. I was so bored of telling him I'd tried everything in the book to reduce battery drain but he didn't get that doing all of that (turn off BT, WiFi, display etc) then negated the point of a smartphone.

They declined to comment when I used you as an example of someone who obtained a replacement phone out of warranty. Bunch of **** taking ***** if you ask me.

Soldato
I'll have another go online chat this morning before I send this off to Huawei later

Honestly it's worth it. I dunno why luck went my way, but it did. I'm not sure if you saw my previous posts, but I did originally contact them first when I was just within warranty. This, however, was only about the poor battery. It wasn't until I was a month of out warranty that the battery became so bad it would die at 50% and then the bootlooping. Maybe contacting them once within the warranty period helped my case, but who knows.

Soldato
Absolute bunch of *****. Got nowhere again same repetitive drivel stating 'the phone is out of warranty so we cannot do anything".

Oh well have to try Huawei and if no joy there I will be calling my credit card company and going against Google.

Soldato
Absolute bunch of *****. Got nowhere again same repetitive drivel stating 'the phone is out of warranty so we cannot do anything".

Oh well have to try Huawei and if no joy there I will be calling my credit card company and going against Google.

Not sure why the credit card company would help you. If it's out of warranty then it's probably hard cheese. Unless you have proof of registering the fault before the warranty expiry.

Soldato
Mine was repaired by Huawei, I had the phone back in a week with a new battery and it's been perfect since, my gf now has it as I upgraded to an S8.

When did you send it off? They've run out of parts for the phone, hence the delays. They've since advised they may not get any, and that it would be replaced with a different device as and when they come into stock.

as i've got rid my 6P i have 2 cases unused for it. one is almost brand new as i bought it right before google replaced it with a pixel xl, and the other i didn't use as didn't like it so much.

i've got the official google case linked below
https://www.androidcentral.com/site...mages/2015/10/nexus-6p-case.jpg?itok=0r66FVRH

and the spigen thin fit linked below
https://www.spigen.com/products/nexus-6p-case-thin-fit?variant=7657830721

if anyone wants any of them and will throw a few quid my way to cover postage and packaging then they can have them. as i'm essentially giving away both for free, would rather only give one per user.

Soldato
Well Huawei received my phone on 27/12 and it states 'awaiting part' so this will be interesting to see how long this takes. At least it states the phone is in warranty with them too so that is handy it will be resolved FOC.

Soldato
I have a 6p which was on contract with ee (giffgaff now) I checked the warranty which is below . I am not having the battery issues you guys describe but in normal use im only getting 2-3 hours from it and it needs constant charging . Whats the best way to move forward in regards to getting a new battery fitted ? I could not see any sort of webchat on there website
  • Expected Expiry date: 2018-02-13

Back
Top Bottom