Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day and an October date IS more in keeping with past Google behaviour.

I still hope the Pixel 6 is released in September.

Soldato
a lot of the so called 'professional' youtubers are complete muppets. In reality, they haven't got a clue.

There is too much content out there and everyone needs to compete. Everyone's going to click the video that says they know the release date.

Couldn't agree with your post more

Soldato
What really annoys me is when they praise a particular product when you know damn well it's full of bugs

I recall an MKBHD video once, I don't remember the exact wording or numbers but for example. He gave the iPhone 11 battery a A+ with 5 hours screen on time. He gave the Pixel 4 a B- battery with 7 hours screen on time.

Soldato
I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but I can't recall any specific examples of this. Which review caught your attention?

It might have been the jelly screen oneplus? although there have been a few. It's not just him though, it's widespread. You need to take what they say with a pinch of salt.

In fact, I'm sure I purchased a phone he said was amazing when it was universally hated :D Can't remember what it was now, I've been through that many phones over the years.

Soldato
Just like I did with the S21U.

I've got an S21U on order. What was wrong with it?

I was tempted to wait for the Pixel 6, since I suffer from FOMO when it comes to my gadgets, but I do like having a few software options to fiddle around with so ordered the S21U.

Soldato
I've got an S21U on order. What was wrong with it?

I was tempted to wait for the Pixel 6, since I suffer from FOMO when it comes to my gadgets, but I do like having a few software options to fiddle around with so ordered the S21U.

I was not impressed with the post processing of the cams. It was compressed, unnatural and I posted comparisons in the S21 thread vs OP8P.

And little things... the usual Samsung bloat, it was a heavy device for its size, and Nova Launcher was buggy with it compared to OP8p and now my 9p.

The camera on the Pixel 6P needs to be amazing for me to drop the benefits of my OnePlus 9P. The camera is the 9Ps weakest link and that's saying something as it still takes great shots so...

Looking forward to seeing what Google can do with updated camera hardware.

Soldato
And a good source of information on the lower-priced phones which are completely neglected by the bigger YouTubers

Yeah he's good for those. I quite often to link to his videos on here when somebody asks for recommendations for a phone for a certain budget.

From Android Authority "
  • As per a fresh leak, the Google Pixel 6 series is expected to go on pre-order starting October 19.
  • The phones could eventually release on October 28."

Back
Top Bottom