Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Found it.
Top shot it's called
Yep got it set on auto and it kicked in taking a pic of a moving plant and then picked out the best shot. Very handy.

Got myself a cheap thin case for my P6, it's basic but does the job and makes it a bit grippier. Will wait for something nicer to come in stock like a mous case, also got a fitbag sleeve on order. I'll probably end up with a couple of every day cases; a thin shell for everyday protection, a rugged case for when I'm out mountain biking, and then the sleeve for using the phone naked.

Soldato
Anandtech posted a nice breakdown on Tensor: https://www.anandtech.com/show/17032/tensor-soc-performance-efficiency

It's pretty much what I expected, I never expected Tensor to be close to the 888/2100 at all, and seems there's part of the SoC that has been poorly designed (eg Google's own media decoder for AV1, but Samsung's for everything else). I think Google keeping the GPU clocks high was a mistake as well, clocking it lower would've allowed the chip to throttle less often.

Still, it's a decent start for Google, here's hoping the future versions will be more refined and eventually be as polished as the other SoCs on the market.

Soldato
Flick up exits the current app, slide up and hold takes you to the currently open apps so you can fully close them. Not sure which action we're talking about here

Also swiping up diagonally from the bottom corners switches to the previous/next app.

Soldato
My Bose claim has been accepted and approved. Ordered 20th at 9pm.

I am not sure how I feel about that Vodafone offer. Slightly cheesed off I think haha. What a bargain!!

Soldato
Flick up exits the current app, slide up and hold takes you to the currently open apps so you can fully close them. Not sure which action we're talking about here

Also swiping up diagonally from the bottom corners switches to the previous/next app.

Omg that's amazing. Did not know the diagonal one.

Soldato
My Bose claim has been accepted and approved. Ordered 20th at 9pm.

I am not sure how I feel about that Vodafone offer. Slightly cheesed off I think haha. What a bargain!!

Come on mate, I say this every year. Few weeks after a pixel launch, retailers usually knock £100 off. No idea what deals will be about over black friday, but always budget to lose £100 off the rrp within the first month.

This is why the pixel deals are a must if you have to buy it on release day. The free headphones and 10% store credit was an absolute must. I've just had an email from google offering me a free £90 hub2 as well due to the 2tb thing, so that's headphones at approx £100-£150 + £85 10% credit + £90 hub. Not too bad.

I'm just hoping when I get all this stuff next month, and then cancel the 2tb plan they won't get funny about it :D

Back
Top Bottom