Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I don't understand why the FPS Is so poor . I can't remember getting annoyed at the one on my OnePlus Nord but it's possible that It unlocked with my face so I didn't notice

Soldato
More than likely ... mine was ordered directly from Google if that makes any difference at all.

I think it probably does make a difference as they can check an internal invoice number against a database pretty much instantly. I still haven't heard of anyone who ordered from CPW or anywhere outside of Google getting an instant notification.

Soldato
I've found FPS reliable on the 6 until yesterday morning, 6am at the station, just above freezing temps and I couldn't get it to work. I know nothing about FPS but assume temperature is used not just a photo sensor?

Associate
I'm sharing some of my thoughts about Pixel 6 which I’ve been using for a week. I’m coming from Oneplus 7T, Samsung S21 ultra and Oneplus 8t

• Fingerprint sensor. It’s very slow and doesn’t always register. Very frustrating considering how often every uses it. This on its own is a reason for me to return the phone
  • No face unlock!? Major omission. You don’t know what you have until you lose it. Found it very convenient on OP phones
  • Ergonomics. The phone feels bulky, cumbersome and heavy to hold. Having used a few large phones (6.5''+) I found that narrow, slim and under 200g is an ideal sweet spot for me. But also distribution of weight and shape plays some role. Pixel fails in every aspect which is why it feels so awkward in a hand. Squared corners are anything but ergonomic. It’s thick and heavy too. The official silicone case makes it even worse.
  • Screen. While it looks good it just feels cheap to touch. It's difficult to explain but it feels plasticy. Sensitivity is also bad. All my previous phones register touches and moves with very little pressure. It's not the case with P6. It's much worse with the screen protector on.
  • OS user experience. It baffles me how a company that makes the OS and hardware cannot get both singing and dancing right. Apps crashing! Never had that with any other phone. Overall lack of fluidity and snappiness. OP8t is in a different league in comparison. It’s not the refresh rate as I had OP7t (90hz) before and that was snappier too.
  • Camera. Overall it’s pretty good but quite often inconsistent. Most of the time I found it better than OP. Video is just average. There is no macro or zoom. So all in all hit and miss.
  • Battery is mediocre. Standby time is terrible 1% per hour drop. OP8t was giving me 7-8h SoT but P6 is more like 5h or less.

Overall, I’m very disappointed and really baffled why this phone is praised so much. I guess lots of marketing $$$ on a hype train. Needless to say that I’m returning it. Actually, there is zero doubts in my head about this which is quite unusual for me. My Oneplus 8t with its drawbacks feels superior in every way except the camera but even that isn’t across the board.

Man of Honour
I'm sharing some of my thoughts about Pixel 6 which I’ve been using for a week. I’m coming from Oneplus 7T, Samsung S21 ultra and Oneplus 8t

• Fingerprint sensor. It’s very slow and doesn’t always register. Very frustrating considering how often every uses it. This on its own is a reason for me to return the phone
  • No face unlock!? Major omission. You don’t know what you have until you lose it. Found it very convenient on OP phones
  • Ergonomics. The phone feels bulky, cumbersome and heavy to hold. Having used a few large phones (6.5''+) I found that narrow, slim and under 200g is an ideal sweet spot for me. But also distribution of weight and shape plays some role. Pixel fails in every aspect which is why it feels so awkward in a hand. Squared corners are anything but ergonomic. It’s thick and heavy too. The official silicone case makes it even worse.
  • Screen. While it looks good it just feels cheap to touch. It's difficult to explain but it feels plasticy. Sensitivity is also bad. All my previous phones register touches and moves with very little pressure. It's not the case with P6. It's much worse with the screen protector on.
  • OS user experience. It baffles me how a company that makes the OS and hardware cannot get both singing and dancing right. Apps crashing! Never had that with any other phone. Overall lack of fluidity and snappiness. OP8t is in a different league in comparison. It’s not the refresh rate as I had OP7t (90hz) before and that was snappier too.
  • Camera. Overall it’s pretty good but quite often inconsistent. Most of the time I found it better than OP. Video is just average. There is no macro or zoom. So all in all hit and miss.
  • Battery is mediocre. Standby time is terrible 1% per hour drop. OP8t was giving me 7-8h SoT but P6 is more like 5h or less.

Overall, I’m very disappointed and really baffled why this phone is praised so much. I guess lots of marketing $$$ on a hype train. Needless to say that I’m returning it. Actually, there is zero doubts in my head about this which is quite unusual for me. My Oneplus 8t with its drawbacks feels superior in every way except the camera but even that isn’t across the board.

Interesting what you've said about ergonomics considering you've used an S21 Ultra. I came from that to the P6 Pro and find the P6 much nicer, the lower weight and better balance make it feel much smaller in the hand and more pleasant to use in my experience.

Associate
Interesting what you've said about ergonomics considering you've used an S21 Ultra. I came from that to the P6 Pro and find the P6 much nicer, the lower weight and better balance make it feel much smaller in the hand and more pleasant to use in my experience.
S21 Ultra wasn't ideal ergonomics wise (defo worse than OP), going from memory it felt heavier but I found it better to hold because it felt more narrow and doesn't have squared corners.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Did anyone do much research on cases ? I am trying to work out what is the slimmest? I do need one for runs as this is to slippy to hold.

No I also found lots of lead times on the rainforest like 8th+ November expecting stock, so the actual delivery date was after this. Didn't want to wait two weeks for a case so I found one online elsewhere which shipped it the following day.

Man of Honour
Did anyone do much research on cases ? I am trying to work out what is the slimmest? I do need one for runs as this is to slippy to hold.
Spigen liquid air is what I've got on, don't think you'll get much thinner and it provides a decent bit of extra grip without making it difficult to get in and out of your pocket.

Soldato

The sensitivity is something I've noticed. There is a toggle in settings to increase screen sensitivity which seems to help a bit.

Soldato
hi guys, before I sent my P6 Pro back I bought a textured matte white full cover skin from Xtreme Skins.
Totally forgot about it and its just arrived in the post and is no use to me now....anyone want it? For free of course....

72rQ5NE.jpg.png

Associate
The sensitivity is something I've noticed. There is a toggle in settings to increase screen sensitivity which seems to help a bit.
have that turned on. I didn't notice much difference. But these things are relatively subjective. Being a gamer at heart with high refresh rate panels and g-syncs I'm quite sensitive to these things. I wish I wasn't ;)

Associate
hi guys, before I sent my P6 Pro back I bought a textured matte white full cover skin from Xtreme Skins.
Totally forgot about it and its just arrived in the post and is no use to me now....anyone want it? For free of course...

72rQ5NE.jpg.png
Would love it if it's still available.

Soldato
Overall, I’m very disappointed and really baffled why this phone is praised so much. I guess lots of marketing $$$ on a hype train.

I think some people just haven't had the experience you have. For example, I don't think I've had one app crash and I'm getting (a projected) 11 hours SOT...

Wait wait wait.... I can't pass this up... 'Do you walk around with a condom on as well ?' :cry:

I'm just messing :p I've got an Olixar Ultra Thin as I don't like the extra bulk either. Seems pretty good. (Got it from Mobile Fun I think)

Soldato
I think some people just haven't had the experience you have. For example, I don't think I've had one app crash and I'm getting (a projected) 11 hours SOT...

Wait wait wait.... I can't pass this up... 'Do you walk around with a condom on as well ?' :cry:

I'm just messing :p I've got an Olixar Ultra Thin as I don't like the extra bulk either. Seems pretty good. (Got it from Mobile Fun I think)
That's what I have. It's not bad but it's very much a condom case. Thin tpu with soft sides so while it stays on the phone it's also a bit flimsy

Back
Top Bottom