Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I just got the phone, did the claim and about 10 minutes after I just got a text saying it's been approved. Original order was 21st Oct from CPW, used the order email as order acknowledgement.

Tried connecting to the PC to transfer files but for some reason it's not working, it keeps reverting to no file transfer. Going to get all the updates out of the way and will try again. I'm not too fussed if it doesn't work, luckily most of my stuff is in the cloud anyway so I can copy from that.

Soldato
I just got the phone, did the claim and about 10 minutes after I just got a text saying it's been approved. Original order was 21st Oct from CPW, used the order email as order acknowledgement.

Tried connecting to the PC to transfer files but for some reason it's not working, it keeps reverting to no file transfer. Going to get all the updates out of the way and will try again. I'm not too fussed if it doesn't work, luckily most of my stuff is in the cloud anyway so I can copy from that.
Use the tool during setup to transfer everything automatically from one to another?

Caporegime

Mine done this earlier. It did eventually work, but it was very hit and miss.

You could transfer over wi-fi though .

Soldato
Android Auto is working again following the new update.

Kept getting told to try another cable but the cable worked on my Pixel 6 last week and was fine on an S21.

Soldato
Why? That headphone offer was a huge selling point to many and with majority getting instant approval it makes you wonder if you've done something wrong and the fear of missing out is obviously there.

Probably because so long as your eligible you'll be fine. I got mine from Currys because of the 15% off and my confirmation came through today.

When I done the P5 Bose promotion last year (cpw) I got an instant approval but I got my headphones months after everyone else it seemed.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd rather have the headphones sooner than later so hence chasing up. If it means I don't have to wait so long then that's worthwhile for a 5 mins phonecall.

Soldato
I started off using a Caseology one I got with the Parallax case, and unfortunately the underscreen reader hardly worked at all. To be fair they've offered me a full refund.
I took delivery of a Mediadevil Glassfree Magicscreen today and it's been flawless so far, very pleased.
I received one of these and have just installed it, very impressed! Don't even notice it and the fingerprint reader works perfectly. Goes great with the Caseology Vault.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Just did the headphone claim, instantly approved. Although somewhat ironically both emails went into my Gmail spam older. :cry:

Still got a few days to decide if I'm keeping the Pro. What happens to the claim if I return it? Google come asking for their headphones back?

Soldato
Just did the headphone claim, instantly approved. Although somewhat ironically both emails went into my Gmail spam older. :cry:

Still got a few days to decide if I'm keeping the Pro. What happens to the claim if I return it? Google come asking for their headphones back?

I don't think they will make the link !

I am in same boat. Unsure if I will keep mine, I just miss the form factor of the 5. Really into running and this feels bulky to transport around with me.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't they will make the link !

I am in same boat. Unsure if I will keep mine, I just miss the form factor of the 5. Really into running and this feels bulky to transport around with me.
5 was just... such a perfect size. Loved the build of it too. That plastic/Ali frame mix was perfect. I got used to my P6 now but I wouldn't want a P6 pro. This is my max I think.

Soldato
5 was/is the best from an ergonomic point of view. Wish Goog had made something of around that size but with upgraded internals. I'm not sure why the p6 has to be so big.

Soldato
5 was/is the best from an ergonomic point of view. Wish Goog had made something of around that size but with upgraded internals. I'm not sure why the p6 has to be so big.
I do wonder why.. make regular the size of p5 and pro the size it is. Done. Now they're both big and heavy. Maybe 6a?

Soldato

Droid Life: The Pixel 6 Pro is Bad at Charging.
https://www.droid-life.com/2021/11/05/so-um-the-pixel-6-pro-apparently-doesnt-charge-at-30w

As I measured, Pixel 6 only draws 22W, not the advertised 30W.

Soldato
Gotta say, I would be more tempted to keep the Pixel 6 instead of wanting the Pro if it was a smaller phone like 5.

Still massively torn, on one I hand I really like it, on the other it just won't feel like a big enough upgrade, especially when S22 Ultra (aka resurrected Note) comes knocking early next year.

Soldato
Gotta say, I would be more tempted to keep the Pixel 6 instead of wanting the Pro if it was a smaller phone like 5.

Still massively torn, on one I hand I really like it, on the other it just won't feel like a big enough upgrade, especially when S22 Ultra (aka resurrected Note) comes knocking early next year.
There's always a better/newer/more interesting phone around the corner.. just the thing with tech. Imo P6 for the money is amazing. Only thing I'd improve is FPS.

S22 ultra will come out and it'll cost £1200 that's double P6 so not even comparable. I would be very surprised if they fail to make it better than £600 phone, which these days is a midrange phone.

Back
Top Bottom