Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Associate
I believe its 30 days after dispatch. A crucial difference if you order something that doesn't ship straight away.
You might be correct there. Well in my case I have cancelled my Google One as im returning my Pixel. However it doesn't run out until the 22nd of November , but I received my phone on the 20th Oct. So wonder if I might 'accidentally' get the credit to the Google Store. Doubt it.

Associate
I've had a load of issues today with my Pixel 6. I had been at work for an hour and I could hear someone talking, got the phone out my side pocket of my work trousers and the screen was red with police are on the other end :o I just said sorry it dialled on its own. I looked through my call log and it had called 6 other people.....
I then went into my recent apps and it was full of random stuff and settings etc. My mobile data and wifi was turned off along with my Bluetooth.
My battery was at 79% so it had used 21% in an hour also. The main culprit was my Nest app for my doorbell which I had not opened.

It's been fine since I had it and the only thing I changed recently was the "Increase touch sensitivity" to ON. I have turned that off again as I'm using smart lock (when connected to my Versa) because FPS is so hit and miss.
The phone is at 70% now so has only used 8% for the rest of the day.

I came home from work and said "Hey google, play Signal 1" to my home mini in the kitchen. It started playing but I noticed my phone on the side unlock and stay unlocked ! On my pixel 2, it used to go back to sleep.
I'm not too impressed with the phone after today. I might just return it and go back to my Pixel 2XL because I had no issues with that and only upgraded to get updates also so my daughter could have my old phone. :cry:

Soldato
I've had a load of issues today with my Pixel 6. I had been at work for an hour and I could hear someone talking, got the phone out my side pocket of my work trousers and the screen was red with police are on the other end :o I just said sorry it dialled on its own. I looked through my call log and it had called 6 other people.....
I then went into my recent apps and it was full of random stuff and settings etc. My mobile data and wifi was turned off along with my Bluetooth.
My battery was at 79% so it had used 21% in an hour also. The main culprit was my Nest app for my doorbell which I had not opened.

It's been fine since I had it and the only thing I changed recently was the "Increase touch sensitivity" to ON. I have turned that off again as I'm using smart lock (when connected to my Versa) because FPS is so hit and miss.

I came home from work and said "Hey google, play Signal 1" to my home mini in the kitchen. It started playing but I noticed my phone on the side unlock and stay unlocked ! On my pixel 2, it used to go back to sleep.
I'm not too impressed with the phone after today. I might just return it and go back to my Pixel 2XL because I had no issues with that and only upgraded to get updates also so my daughter could have my old phone. :cry:

Most likely this: https://www.androidpolice.com/some-pixel-6-phones-are-ghost-dialling-random-contacts/

Seems Google Assistant is somehow waking up, and then doing the suggested action without any user prompt. Current workaround is to turn off "Hey Google" detection. I have Google Home devices at home so I don't really need it on anyway, and I rarely use it outside.

Ico

Ico

Associate

come on get over it let Google assistant to have some fun too :)

Soldato

You don't have voice match or what ever enabled? Mine has never done that. Proximity sensor stops it! Put your palm over the camera area and try to unlock it with screen taps.. mine for e.g. won't unlock.

Associate
You don't have voice match or what ever enabled? Mine has never done that. Proximity sensor stops it! Put your palm over the camera area and try to unlock it with screen taps.. mine for e.g. won't unlock.

Got voice match enabled. I don't even know where the proximity settings are now lol but when I'm in a call and cover the screen it goes blank.
Most likely this: https://www.androidpolice.com/some-pixel-6-phones-are-ghost-dialling-random-contacts/

Seems Google Assistant is somehow waking up, and then doing the suggested action without any user prompt. Current workaround is to turn off "Hey Google" detection. I have Google Home devices at home so I don't really need it on anyway, and I rarely use it outside.
Yes I think that is correct. I have turned off Hey Google detection for now. Thanks.

come on get over it let Google assistant to have some fun too :)
It's sure having some fun today :D

Associate

My 6 pro would constantly wake with Google Assistant firing up. I disabled the Hey Google yesterday and it’s been fine since then. Luckily it never ghost dialled anybody!

Soldato
Headphones claimed and approval SMS and email received within minutes, very easy to do. Not sure if I'll keep them or maybe just sell them.

I pre-ordered the pixel 6 on the 27th of October so the last day.

Massive upgrade from my Sony Xperia L3

Caporegime
Phone fell from the bath to the rug, taken a chip out in the corner. My last phone had fell outside a couple of times without as much as a mark. It's not too bad, but it's shown me how easily these can break!

Soldato
Has anyone returned a phone to mobiles.co.uk recently? Apparently phone has to be unused, I obviously broke the seal on the box and but the phone is immaculate, but then they also seem to have conflicting info in their Welcome Pack and T&Cs.

Caporegime
Has anyone returned a phone to mobiles.co.uk recently? Apparently phone has to be unused, I obviously broke the seal on the box and but the phone is immaculate, but then they also seem to have conflicting info in their Welcome Pack and T&Cs.

Their T&Cs seem to state it can be used, it asks you to remove personal detials and doesn't mention it has to be unused?

Soldato
Their T&Cs seem to state it can be used, it asks you to remove personal detials and doesn't mention it has to be unused?

Yeah seems there's a little contradicting information there, when I try to book the return through my account I have to tick, "Please confirm that the handset has not been used and the Sim card has not been inserted" box and in their FAQ also mentions, "We will only be able to offer a refund if the goods being returned are unused and in their original packaging.". Then T&Cs mention other things but spoke to live chat and apparently I can return it as long as it's not damaged so all good I think, will see how it goes.

Soldato
More an Android 12 thing than P6 as I still have my P3, but is anyone else having push notification issues? I have to double tap the device and even then only occasionally something will fly through that should have done so around an hour ago

Associate
Back
Top Bottom