1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Pixel 6

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by BMox81, 14 May 2021.

1. Orcvader

Capodecina

It was always rumoured that the Tensor chip will sit between the 865 and 888, but even then those Geekbench scores seems very low. I suppose that does kill the weird "leak" that the 2 performance cores are X1, definitely makes more sense to be A78s. But even then, I don't really trust Geekbench as a fair benchmark.

EDIT: There's a second test which looks more realistic, but oddly with a different core configuration (2+2+4 vs 1+3+4) and mentions Qualcomm: https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/search?utf8=✓&q=Google+Pixel+6+Pro

EDIT: Both proven fake: https://twitter.com/SkylledDev/status/1436795467996622852

Last edited: 13 Sep 2021 at 20:56
  2. Squink

Soldato

3. newbiejim

Mobster

4. biron_w

Sgarrista

Even if the SoC wasn't as powerful as something like the SD888, the chip has been designed specifically for the Pixel and will be optimised for it.

5. _Jimlad_

Capodecina

Yeah agreed I am not to interested in specs. Even the pixel 5 feels more snappy than the S21 with a far better spec.

6. neoboy

Capodecina

It's just amazing that everything apart from release date and price has been leaked so at this point, I don't think even Google knows which is how they managing to keep those two a secret :D

I'm just itching to upgrade as starting to seriously dislike the Xperia 5 II I recently got so it's a toss up between this and S21 Ultra.

7. mrk

Man of Honour

Maybe this will be the year I get a Pixel? Maybe if Google for once offer a 512GB option... And of course if there is a model that is S20 sized.

8. Orcvader

Capodecina

That's actually a good point, previous Google phones, pretty much every detail was leaked a good few months ahead, but I'm surprised we still don't know much about the finer details of it.

Tensor leaks especially has been very tight lipped, meanwhile next gen Snapdragon and Exynos details are already floating around.

9. kona786

Capodecina

What's up with the Xperia?

10. neoboy

Capodecina

I could make a list of at least half a dozen minor daily annoyances and bugs but the camera, which is a big deal for me isn't all that really, even in Pro mode.

Just as an icing on the cake, switched providers today so put a new SIM in, asked for a restart and after it reset my entire homescreen so now need to remember where the hell every icon was. Don't know if that's yet another bug or a "feature" :D

11. kona786

Capodecina

Ha fair enough. Sony really have nothing that appeals to me. I'm surprised they're still around.

Come on Pixel. Do not disappoint!

12. kakarott

Hitman

Apparently no video out with pixel 6. That's quite a silly move for a flagship.

13. kona786

Capodecina

It could be worse...

Imagine still having to use a lighting port in this day and age.

Pow! iPhone 13

14. Orcvader

Capodecina

I don't think Google will ever enable it on the Pixels until they feel like actually finishing desktop mode (which hasn't made any progress since Android 10). They really want to push Chromecast instead.

15. Cleisthenes

Sgarrista

Not sure when the last time I thought about doing this was. It must be a very small proportion of the userbase who would do something like that.