Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Associate
Usually if you buy it from the network instead of Google or other places (eg Amazon, CPW, etc) it will be network locked. Some networks like 3 do sell unlocked, and according to this page EE's Pixel phones are supposed to be unlocked too. However the dual SIM thing might be different, is she already on EE and is trying to move her contract to the eSIM?
Yeah, she's already with EE and upgraded today - got a decent deal too. She's going abroad in a few months and wanted to use the duel SIM functionality, but was told she couldn't for 6 months. I'd have thought that if the EE SIM was an eSIM, then another operator's SIM would still work?

Soldato
Quick question for anyone who got their Pixel 6 direct from EE.... Does the phone come locked to EE or is it unlocked? My daughter just got a Pro from them, and when she asked them to send her an eSIM, she was told she can't use dual SIM as the phone will be locked for 6 months. I thought all Pixels were unlocked.

Unlocked

Most devices sold by EE are 'locked' to EE. This means they won't work with another network's SIM card.

The following devices are already unlocked, including old devices:

• All Google Pixel devices
  • All Oppo devices
  • All OnePlus devices

Soldato
Has anyone got an email confirmation about redeeming their headphones?

I'm 100% sure I claimed the offer, but can't find an email confirmation.

Soldato
Yeah, she's already with EE and upgraded today - got a decent deal too. She's going abroad in a few months and wanted to use the duel SIM functionality, but was told she couldn't for 6 months. I'd have thought that if the EE SIM was an eSIM, then another operator's SIM would still work?

In that case I see no reason for it not to work. Just ask EE to move to the eSIM, once that's done maybe try a PAYG SIM from another network to see if it works.

Associate
Unlocked

Most devices sold by EE are 'locked' to EE. This means they won't work with another network's SIM card.

The following devices are already unlocked, including old devices:

• All Google Pixel devices
  • All Oppo devices
  • All OnePlus devices
Thanks. Hopefully it’ll be ok then.

In that case I see no reason for it not to work. Just ask EE to move to the eSIM, once that's done maybe try a PAYG SIM from another network to see if it works.
Yeah, I’ll get her to try just that. Thanks all for the replies!

On an unrelated note, the Skinomi film protectors arrived today. As I’ve already got the media devil one installed on my Pro, I’ll install the Skinomi one on hers and report back.

Soldato
For people selling their headphones, how much are you expecting to get for them? £350 was web site prices before this promotion, but I'm guessing £150-£100 will be the going rate as there market will be flooded?

Caporegime
For people selling their headphones, how much are you expecting to get for them? £350 was web site prices before this promotion, but I'm guessing £150-£100 will be the going rate as there market will be flooded?

Don't sell them straight away, use ebay sold prices as a guide. Probably get £150-200 for them, at £100 I'd just keep them and use them.

Associate
Just to confirm, I placed my order for the pixel 6 on the UK Google store on the 27th October.

I've just submitted my claim for the headphone offer which got approved instantly.

Apparently I'll be getting the Bose Quietcomfort 45's and a £50 google store voucher :) happy days

Associate
Just to confirm, I placed my order for the pixel 6 on the UK Google store on the 27th October.

I've just submitted my claim for the headphone offer which got approved instantly.

Apparently I'll be getting the Bose Quietcomfort 45's and a £50 google store voucher :) happy days

Have did google get in contact with you about the alternative option? Or are you just expecting them to have run out and giving you it?

Associate
Have did google get in contact with you about the alternative option? Or are you just expecting them to have run out and giving you it?

No so basically when going through the claim process one of the pages that pops up confirms there's a shortage of the other headphones and so this is what they're offering instead and it's actually worth slightly more than the original offer

Back
Top Bottom