Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Is the 6 Pro a worthwhile upgrade from the 4XL?

I've had to RMA my 4XL with 2 weeks left on the warranty due to the phone constantly rebooting and 'unable to load android system' error since the Android 12 update. Plus bluetooth constantly turning off and on every minute or so.

I was thinking of getting the 6 Pro on a similar contract to what I have already and selling the 4XL once it comes back to me. Or do I just keep to 4XL and take out a sim only deal as my contract is up in 2 weeks?
I went 4XL to 6 Pro.

I miss face unlock and motion sense the most. I was one of the three people that actually used the latter apparently...
As said above I think the 6 over processes it's photos a bit too much. But that can be fixed in an update.
The fingerprint scanner is inconsistent at best.
The screen on the 6 Pro is much better than the 4xl.

Whether it's a worthwhile upgrade that's your decision. :)

Soldato
Had a play with a friend's iPhone 13 Pro Max and gotta say, I like the idea of "photographic styles" and being able to permanently change how your camera captures an image in terms of colour and white balance.

Associate
I went 4XL to 6 Pro.

I miss face unlock and motion sense the most. I was one of the three people that actually used the latter apparently...
As said above I think the 6 over processes it's photos a bit too much. But that can be fixed in an update.
The fingerprint scanner is inconsistent at best.
The screen on the 6 Pro is much better than the 4xl.

Whether it's a worthwhile upgrade that's your decision. :)

I'm stuck between the 6 and the 6 Pro at the moment. I can get the 6 for £15 less p/m or the Pro for £2 less than I'm currently paying for the 4XL.

The phone is only going to get better with updates and I would benefit from having 5g as I work all over the UK and tether to my laptop in hotels with poor WiFi.

Very temped by the standard 6 as it seems similar to the 4XL but will have the added 5g...

V_R

V_R

Soldato
FWIW.... (I bought both and returned the non pro...)

Well sat here playing with the 6 and 6 Pro together and I've gotta say, I prefer the Pro. The size difference is negligible, about 5mm taller, and 1mm wider. But the Pro feels better in the hand ('Ladies' /Flossy Carter)

The zoom on the camera on the 6 is a step down from my 4XL with its 2x zoom. The telephoto on the Pro is brilliant.
Don't mind the curved sides.
They are both like bars of soap!
Screen looks better on the Pro.
Not a fan of the FPS but I never was, my fingers just don't get on with them, I already miss face unlock (and motion sense!)
Haptics are far better on the Pro.

Is it worth the £250 more? Dunno, that's up to the individual, YMMV. Will play about more later.

Back
Top Bottom