1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Pixel 6

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by BMox81, 14 May 2021.

1. Orcvader

Capodecina

I was hoping maybe I claimed late enough for them to run out of 700s :p. Oh well, I'm not too fussed with which one I get, only planning to use at home anyway so the 700 still works out.

Rumoured 6a to be powered by Tensor: https://www.androidcentral.com/pixel-6a-alleged-tensor-chip-camera-specs

I suspect it could be the same chip but with slight defects, so maybe a couple of cores disabled and downclocked. If priced similar as the other A phones this could end up as a strong competitor. Shame it seems to be losing the headphone jack though.

2. grudas

Capodecina

Haven't managed to kill it yet in a day! It felt like it got better after a week/two than it did at the start but even at the start I couldn't kill it and I'm a heavy user. I had 8hrs SOT time and still sat at 12%

3. _Jimlad_

Capodecina

Yeah my battery has really improved over the last week. Settled in :D

4. d smith

Associate

anyone know why it says missed alarm even after you turn it off

5. Charlie Bravo

Mobster

I noticed that on mine this morning but it's the first time it's stated that.
    It said the first alarm at 0430 was missed even though I'd dismissed it, but the 2nd alarm at 0440 was fine :confused:

6. d smith

Associate

the other weird thing about this phone is, the google assistant turns on at random instances like picking up something off the telly or something off the computer. I was watching a video on youtube and for some reason google assistant turns on. Its supposed to turn on only to the voices you have added right????

7. Btone

Wise Guy

My 4xl assistant does this all the time to. you will be watching some vid and next thing it giving you info on what the vid just said

8. Tejstar

Hitman

My 10% Google Store credit has been applied to my account this morning - just in time for Black Friday! :D

I received an email when it had been applied so no need to keep checking the Google Store.

9. sw2000

Gangster

After getting frustrated with the default Pixel launcher I went back to Nova after not using for a couple of years due to gesture issues when Google made the change. Really happy I did this as the phone is now pretty much perfect, finger print sensor still a little iffy compared to the S21 ultra but there is a fix coming soon for that so happy now.

Forgot how customisable Nova is for gestures etc, have it set to double tap the home screen to open camera, swipe up with two fingers to open Google Pay, swipe down with two fingers open lastpass etc

10. Orcvader

Capodecina

Finally got the email from DHL that the headphones are out for delivery. Was hoping to reschedule it but couldn't see any way of doing it, and it was arriving in a couple of hours. Unfortunately I'm at work, and I missed the Ring notification, but I saw the driver just leaving the box on the doorstep and marking it as "delivered". Luckily I had a friend nearby and quickly called him to pick it up. But neither Google or DHL gave me a chance to pick a delivery date at all which was worrying.

11. reflux

Capodecina

There should have been some options - if you clicked on the 'request notification' button in the email that you got, then entered the ID and postcode, you should have been able to reschedule or deliver to a neighbour.

That said, I've tried to reschedule delivery on two separate parcels before and they just ignored me. They delivered one to a neighbour and the other time the parcel got stuck in a loop where it was never delivered until the seller got involved.

DHL round here are not good.

12. xb8browney

Soldato

At least you got a DHL tracking, mine just randomly turned up at 8pm last night.

13. V_R

Sgarrista

DHL email this morning, headphones this lunchtime for me. Now to sell or keep.....

14. reflux

Capodecina

Hooray, my headphones turned up. Not sure whether to keep them and sell my QC35s, but might be worth it just for the USB C charging.

15. Orcvader

Capodecina

Ahhh ok, the email wasn't exactly clear on how to reschedule, it just made it sound like it was for tracking only. Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. DPD and Royal Mail is so much easier to deal with.

16. reflux

Capodecina

Yeah you're right, they haven't really worded it very well in the email.

17. kona786

Capodecina

DHL was shocking for me
    Said to leave with a neighbour yet still was undelivered. Collection hub was a ghost town, like a scene out of the walking dead.

18. ralv585

Wise Guy

Just got my headphones dispatch email, hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow :D

Also took delivery of my dbrand sunset red pastel skin today, looks really nice, and would recommend if you want to rock your phone naked or with a clear case

19. Freefaller

Man of Honour

Got my headphones today, went to put them on ebay... literally dozens and dozens of them on there! :D

I wonder if they're worth keeping? £150ish wouldn't be so bad before Christmas though.

20. kona786

Capodecina

2nd set on the way. Yay.