Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
To bring to context, I upgrade my phone each year and my pc is now 5 years old :D

Agree you need to have a budget with phones and draw the line somewhere, but most folk probably go down a contract route where you don't notice the hike as much. They see it as a £45 direct debit increases to £55 and leave it at that..

Soldato
Bear in mind the Pixel 5a has a 6.3” screen, so it’s no tiddler. If you’re hoping the 6a will be compact, you may end up disappointed.

That's true. But hoping that the 6a is the size of the Pixel 5. That's the dream.

I'm eagerly awaiting the Google birthday next week to see if they cut the Pixel 5 price. If they do I'll grab it from there.

Associate
Bear in mind the Pixel 5a has a 6.3” screen, so it’s no tiddler. If you’re hoping the 6a will be compact, you may end up disappointed.

Yes, that would be a big disappointment if they just stick Tensor and one 50mp camera in the 6.3" chassis instead of the 5.

Soldato
Yes, that would be a big disappointment if they just stick Tensor and one 50mp camera in the 6.3" chassis instead of the 5.

And Google have already taken the cynical step of differentiating between what they described as two 'premium' phones in the 6 and 6 Pro by cheaping out on the screens (120hz vs 90z) and dropping a camera module. I'd be worried that the 6a will have features purposefully cut just to draw a line between the different models. I.e. it'll have 60hz and a single camera.

Soldato
I was really hoping to get a 6 Pro but that curved screen will probably mean I get the standard 6.

I'm rather looking forward to this release as my OnePlus 6T is aging now and it's the first time is quite a long time that I've been excited about a phone.

Soldato
I had a Blackberry Priv that had a slightly curved screen and I didn't mind it too much.

There was the occasional accidental press though which could be annoying.

Associate
Uhh so huge price, curved screen, no smaller version.. ? I thought Google learned from pixel 4 how dumb that is

Smaller* version is likely down the line. They only just randomly released the 5a back in August this year.

*6a may not be much smaller though, given they increased the 5a to 6.3", up from the 5.8" of the 4a.

Associate
Smaller* version is likely down the line. They only just randomly released the 5a back in August this year.

*6a may not be much smaller though, given they increased the 5a to 6.3", up from the 5.8" of the 4a.

I hope the continued availability of the iPhone Mini 13 will make them release a 6" model.

Soldato

Kind of concerning trend I think personally. Be a strange reason to get "forced" into switching to iPhones... but if the pixel 5 was the last 6" lightweight pixel then so be it!

Back
Top Bottom