Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I contacted support who just said we know about this issue , no idea how long to fix , please sit back and wait with your paperweight

And to think it was the hardware I was worried about when I bought this... Couldn't imagine them messing software up so bad :p
Great response... Software company failing on software side is weird.

Soldato
Won't charge most of the time, and when it does the AOD just pulses away, a lot of times it says realign even though it's on perfectly. I've tried it with the case and without too (Google official case)

Maybe it's just faulty as my Samsung one works fine.

Strange, you would have thought it would be fully designed for the pixel 6

Soldato
The only gripes I have with this phone are the fingerprint sensor and the weight, and both are minor annoyances - actually, the incompatibility with my work WiFi is the most annoying thing about the phone. That being said, my first area of focus when it comes to choosing my next phone will be OnePlus - they genuinely impressed me. Google haven't really failed me here, but they haven't really delivered much either. I could actually sell this P6 and go back to my OP7t if it wasn't for the OS updates.

The most impressive aspect of my Pixel 6 experience so far has been the free headphones.

Soldato
The only gripes I have with this phone are the fingerprint sensor and the weight, and both are minor annoyances - actually, the incompatibility with my work WiFi is the most annoying thing about the phone. That being said, my first area of focus when it comes to choosing my next phone will be OnePlus - they genuinely impressed me. Google haven't really failed me here, but they haven't really delivered much either. I could actually sell this P6 and go back to my OP7t if it wasn't for the OS updates.

The most impressive aspect of my Pixel 6 experience so far has been the free headphones.
Oneplus used to be my go to phone manufacturer but they've got worse over the years. Anything 8 and newer has been rubbish and software side has got a lot worse which was their strong point for a very long time.

Soldato
As above, OxygenOS 10 was perfect, it had some niggles but nothing off putting. 11 introduced more issues which started to frustrate me more. UI I could live with but it was under the hood changes such as aggressive battery management which affected my usage. And looking at how OxygenOS 12 is going, I'm glad I jumped ship.

The only other manufacturers that sticks close to stock, at least in terms of experience which I can think of now is Sony and Nokia.

On the other hand, even though it's heavier the 6 Pro actually feels more comfortable to hold weight wise compared to my 7T Pro, might be due to how the weight is distributed across the phone.

Soldato
Oneplus used to be my go to phone manufacturer but they've got worse over the years. Anything 8 and newer has been rubbish and software side has got a lot worse which was their strong point for a very long time.

My OnePlus 9 Pro is overall fantastic and it's the best handset OnePlus has made. It's still my choice of the current crop of flagships.

However going forward with this Oppo collab has made the software a lot less clean and more Samsung esque. Not a fan at all, and for that reason I can no longer recommend OnePlus.

They've sold out as I think market is just too cut throat and finances are have been squeezed beyond their limit.

Soldato
Ive just opened the headphones. Very disappointed.

Wish I'd listed them on eBay now as sealed.

No better than my 3yr old qc35s, in fact I think they are a bit worse.

Soldato
They're decent but I don't think I'd have them over Sony or qc35s! I think they're just below those.. A bit slimmer and comfier imo. They do sound good and removing bose app helps.. Funny enough.

Associate
is it just me who finds the google maps annoying, it feels like using google maps on an iPhone, giving weird directions when im using it while walking. BTW, I got a replacement for the NC700 and the replacement is crappy tooo!!!

Soldato
Support got in touch with me about the signal issues. "Advanced hardware support"

Wanted a bug report (of me not having signal???) and some details. Seems to me like two+ days in they don't know what they've broke. The various resets they suggested didn't help.

Associate
Support got in touch with me about the signal issues. "Advanced hardware support"

Wanted a bug report (of me not having signal???) and some details. Seems to me like two+ days in they don't know what they've broke. The various resets they suggested didn't help.

Something has changed since the December update. I'm on O2, using dual sim on my P6 and both have seen a noticeable drop in signal strength.

Back
Top Bottom