Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Even though you can now access the full range of Google services (since they split from Huawei)?
They release so many phones every year that they simply struggle to keep up with software updates,fixes etc.. Google is the way to go software wise. Pixel 6 is a really good value for money phone too but has some downsides. Aka rubbish finger print sensor and average signal for some (seems to be random) the rest is top notch.

Soldato
Anyone rolled back the update to November ? Or know if the method ? Not had to mess around with phones and ROMs etc for years but going to have too I think !

Soldato
For those with a worse signal after the December update, it might be worth trying this: https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/rk1hfk/potentialtemporary_fix_for_signal_loss/

On the other hand for myself forcing 4G has worked, at least for my area (London) and network (BT/EE). I'm now getting a solid mobile data connection in the same spots as my OP phone. Either EE's network has poor 5G to 4G handoff, or it's the phone modem being bad at it. I don't have any other 5G phones to test this.

Soldato
Is there any way or app that can seperate call and notification voume?

Its so dumb that google has combined these in Android 12. I want to have a louder volume for calls but a lower volume for notifications. We did have this option in older Android versions but Google droped a ball...again

Soldato
Is there any way or app that can seperate call and notification voume?

Its so dumb that google has combined these in Android 12. I want to have a louder volume for calls but a lower volume for notifications. We did have this option in older Android versions but Google droped a ball...again

Agreed.
One way to get around is to edit the audio file, lower the gain on messages.

Associate
For those with a worse signal after the December update, it might be worth trying this: https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/rk1hfk/potentialtemporary_fix_for_signal_loss/

On the other hand for myself forcing 4G has worked, at least for my area (London) and network (BT/EE). I'm now getting a solid mobile data connection in the same spots as my OP phone. Either EE's network has poor 5G to 4G handoff, or it's the phone modem being bad at it. I don't have any other 5G phones to test this.

I tried this but didn't work for me, used to work really well but since the Dec update I have no mobile reception when others next to me do on the same network, get the ! Next to the mobile reception bar.

Have to turn off and turn back on, this happened so many times yesterday and today that I've now reverted back to my s21 Ultra.

I like Google but why they constantly have these shoddy software issues with Pixels , hoping these fix this before the next update . Took us a while to get the fingerprint patch compared to the US that received a mid November update.

Soldato
I got this around an hour ago
Thank you for providing a bug report and additional information. Our engineers have identified a potential solution and they would like to push a change to your phone to see if it improves the issue. In order to do this we need your IMEI. This information can be found by going to your Phone settings → About Phone → IMEI.

Also, understanding cellular coverage in your area is important to this research. Would you be willing to provide us with a more general description of your location at the time of the failure - such as a cross street or what environment you are in (outside, house, office building, etc)? We do not need exact location information for this purpose.

We appreciate you taking the time to help us.

Thanks!
Jasper
The Google Support Team

Soldato
Doesn't work for me. No fix from google support either. Will take something incredible for me to ever buy another pixel

Ditto, so underwhelmed atm. Mines just sat turned off on my desk, tried everything possible to fix but I can't even get any reception at home. Tempted to take a hit and just trade it in and buy a Samsung or iPhone.

Soldato
I've pretty much made up my mind to get a Pixel 6 Pro. The price is a bit more than I wanted to pay, but I need a new phone, and the features look amazing. Is there anything I should know before I buy one?

Man of Honour
I've pretty much made up my mind to get a Pixel 6 Pro. The price is a bit more than I wanted to pay, but I need a new phone, and the features look amazing. Is there anything I should know before I buy one?
You may or may not be able to actually use it as a phone.

I've had no issues with mine but it seems to be 50/50 on whether you get signal issues or not at the minute.

Back
Top Bottom