Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I have had to RMA 2 Google devices {doorbell and buds} and didn't have any issues. Sure, they ask you stuff to ensure some basic diagnostics have been carried out to ensure there isn't a fault with how you are using it (WiFi etc) but once that's done, the replacements were sent quick.

I can't fault their customer service TBH.

Soldato
I think they will always rma and swap out, I guess a refund is a different situation.

I was curious if anyone had tried. Maybe they are just thinking now wait for Jan patch which is only a week or so away

Soldato
For those with the rotation issue, try going to settings, type "home screen" in search bar and turn on "allow home screen rotation"

You may need to reboot your phone just to get it started again.

I may be speaking too soon but it seems to have helped here

Ok so 24 hours in and the auto rotate still works for me after using the above "fix" so it seems to have sorted the issue so far.

Be good to hear from others that have the issue and try the fix above... As mentioned, you might need to restart your phone just to get it to kick in again but after that it should work properly.

Associate
Anybody noticed a lag or a slight delay in phone response, I'd noticed in some apps they were unresponsive for a second or two so re-installed these but its happening in chrome also so whilst scrolling web pages the page will stop scrolling for a second then carry on.

Soldato

V_R

V_R

Soldato
It's so weird, I've been out and about the last few days driving around and I've seen 5G come and go all the time without issue. I wonder where the issue lies...?

Associate
So the pixel 6 had been out for a few months now and I have been seriously thinking jumping over to a pixel Android from iPhone X. Iv now had a good read on here, are the issues that bad and common?

Soldato
So the pixel 6 had been out for a few months now and I have been seriously thinking jumping over to a pixel Android from iPhone X. Iv now had a good read on here, are the issues that bad and common?
Seems to be completely random. Obviously people with problems will complain more as it renders the phone unusable but it should be quite easy to tell if your unit is problematic.

Associate
Finally a formal response from Google about the signal issue. Y'all gotta wait until (possibly) late January...

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/143183382/december-2021-update-paused?hl=en

Great to see such prompt support and quick communication on their flagship product... /s

I've got around this by installing the carrier services Beta and disabling 5g, now don't have any issues. With 5g enabled signal comes and goes at random times, even when stood near a 5g mast (literally metres away).

My biggest issue is the fingerprint sensor, very inconsistent. Wiped phone and added maximum number of fingerprints for each thumb. In contrast my s21 ultra with Ultrasonic is flawless. Why did Google go with a ****** optical sensor. Probably cheap.

Camera is amazing , apart from that my s21 ultra is the better phone, actually quicker to fix bugs also and get android patches out each month. They've really raised their game. I also use Nova launcher so the base launcher for each doesn't worry me

Last edited:
Soldato
As far as I'm aware Samsung are the only company that use an ultrasonic FPS. I've used a lot of optical ones and never had the issues I have with this one in the P6.

Given a software update has improved it somewhat it may not be a hardware problem, just software tuning as with most things.

Soldato
Hopefully we can expect things to improve. I guess I feel a bit spoilt with the p5 having a lot of tried and tested tech ie the rear mounted capacitive sensor.

Associate
My finger print reader works flawlessly, even with a tempered glass screen protector on it. I still have my old s10e and hated the finger print reader on it, find the pixel 6 one to work far better.
I do have issues with weak signal but to be honest where i live i have always suffered from a weak signal on various networks. I am hoping that it will improve with whatever update they put out to resolve the issue.
I have had Samsung phones from s2 all the way up to s10e and was never happy with the camera on them, particularly on indoor low light shots.
I absolutely love the camera on the p6. Over the festive period i have taken loads of indoor shots and they are fantastic. Great colour and not one with red eye. I always found the Samsung camera to over process pictures with skin ending up waxy looking and loads with red eye that i had to adjust later using Photoshop as there wasn't even the ability to properly fix red eye in the Samsung software.
I also believed that latterly any new phone from Samsung was merely a small evolution on what went before. They are now so developed there is very little left to improve on, also hated the huge number of new phones that Samsung churn out. Overall i am delighted with my p6 and really glad that i made the move from Samsung and only expect it to get better and better as the software matures.

Soldato
Soldato
Recently picked up a couple of 15W wireless chargers, compared to my 10W charger the phone gets rather warm to the point it starts throttling the charging speed after a while. Is this normal?

Back
Top Bottom