Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
What I don't get with my FPS, it seems quite quick letting me into my banking app and hardly ever seems to fail, but letting me into my phone... very bad. Mind you, mainly my right thumb, most other fingers/thumb seem much better... (I've tried a few registrations including double right thumb at the moment)

Soldato
It'd be handy in a debug mode if it could show you % matched of the fingerprint.

That way you'll know if it's completely missing the target, or if you're not quite lining up your fingerprint enough to get a match.

Soldato
Negative, but my OP6T was absolutely fine at the same location prior to this.
Same on my mate 20.

Honestly I think the patch fixed a lot of signal issues, however I am pretty sure remaining issues lay with the modem Google used in this phone, all my googling and research I've done to try and address my signal issues have been down to the sub par modem.

Soldato
Same on my mate 20.

Honestly I think the patch fixed a lot of signal issues, however I am pretty sure remaining issues lay with the modem Google used in this phone, all my googling and research I've done to try and address my signal issues have been down to the sub par modem.

Could be the modem or antenna design. Who knows. Could well be software.

Associate
where did you get that update from ?

Ive changed to 4G and still no improvement...

Try this, go to:
Settings / apps / see all / device Health services / storage / manage space/ clear all data.

It clears all battery statistics and adaptive brightness data. I feel like maybe it's reporting the battery percentage wrong and by clearing this resets it and it starts learning again.

Then check for updates on the play store

Soldato
Try this, go to:
Settings / apps / see all / device Health services / storage / manage space/ clear all data.

It clears all battery statistics and adaptive brightness data. I feel like maybe it's reporting the battery percentage wrong and by clearing this resets it and it starts learning again.

Then check for updates on the play store
thanks, just done that and made a reset.
will see how it goes

Soldato
Just curious if you noticed any improvement?
not really.... 12.20 now, disconnected at 5.30am. maybe 45-60 mins youtube with morning coffee and on the way to work, sporadically whatsapp etc and now at 66%

on saturday or sunday, wouldnt connect to network at all...reseted phone etc, nothing....20mins...decided not t connect to wifi at work for some reason...

am loosing my will to live with this...took s10+ out of the drawer last night for charge..

am considering an app that measures battery usage as googles stats are only for last 24h and not since the charge...

Associate
not really.... 12.20 now, disconnected at 5.30am. maybe 45-60 mins youtube with morning coffee and on the way to work, sporadically whatsapp etc and now at 66%

on saturday or sunday, wouldnt connect to network at all...reseted phone etc, nothing....20mins...decided not t connect to wifi at work for some reason...

am loosing my will to live with this...took s10+ out of the drawer last night for charge..

am considering an app that measures battery usage as googles stats are only for last 24h and not since the charge...

That does sound excessive tbh.
Mine I don't feel is as good as before the update still but clearing that data has definitely improved it quite a bit.

Soldato
What I don't get with my FPS, it seems quite quick letting me into my banking app and hardly ever seems to fail, but letting me into my phone... very bad. Mind you, mainly my right thumb, most other fingers/thumb seem much better... (I've tried a few registrations including double right thumb at the moment)

I've noticed that as well. With my banking apps it mostly reads my FP first time but rarely does with the lock screen.

Soldato
Found my first bug.

When I receive a call while on another line, I press Answer and end current call but it doesn't work, sometimes it hangs for a few seconds on a black screen and other times it just ends the current call but doesn't answer the new one.

Only minor but surprisingly annoying.

Associate
I'm really interested in the Pixel 6 but the issues that I keep reading about are making me waver. Are most people here still happy they chose their Pixel?

Soldato
Not had any major problems with mine, had a lot of small issues that the January patch has fixed for me. There's still some weird quirks but it's more due to Android 12 behaviour instead of the actual phone itself.

Back
Top Bottom