Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Associate
Face unlock if implemented is obviously not going to be like it was on the 4. No hardware to support it other than the front facing camera so it won’t exactly be secure. Fingerprint / pin will still be needed for purchases or things like wiping the phone.

I do wish there was an Android phone with proper face unlock like on the iPhone.

Soldato
Face unlock if implemented is obviously not going to be like it was on the 4. No hardware to support it other than the front facing camera so it won’t exactly be secure. Fingerprint / pin will still be needed for purchases or things like wiping the phone.

I do wish there was an Android phone with proper face unlock like on the iPhone.

I thought that was pretty obvious, secure enough for people that deem it so to unlock their phone. Giving users the option is the key.

Personally I don't want a big notch for something I can use an FPS for. I. E. Authentication for bank apps etc.

I understand its all preference

Soldato

The Huawei mate 20 pro had same sort of technology as the iPhone iirc (as in it worked in the dark) but then trump killed Huawei.
It's a real shame Google didn't stick with their face unlock as it was by far the best thing they've done for a long time...

Soldato
The Huawei mate 20 pro had same sort of technology as the iPhone iirc (as in it worked in the dark) but then trump killed Huawei.
It's a real shame Google didn't stick with their face unlock as it was by far the best thing they've done for a long time...
The Huawei mate 20 pro had 3d unlock but wouldnt work for banking apps etc unfortunately. They were so close.

Soldato
Let's hope face unlock gets implemented sooner rather than later.

Rumour is its coming in the next feature update

is that right? I guess it's the usual android face unlocking rather than something actually secure and works with all apps like natwest and santander. Still, at least it's something.

Associate
There's 20% off the 6 and the Pro for bluelight card holders through Google store at the moment. I'm tempted to replace my 3 years old S10 with one of these but put off by the camera visor and FPS. It would probably be a stop gap until the S22 is discounted or Pixel 7 or next S series.

Soldato
is that right? I guess it's the usual android face unlocking rather than something actually secure and works with all apps like natwest and santander. Still, at least it's something.

It's a rumour and that it'll be 6 pro only. Time will tell. June release IIRC.

And yes, basic face unlock of course without the extensive 3D hardware.

Soldato
There's 20% off the 6 and the Pro for bluelight card holders through Google store at the moment. I'm tempted to replace my 3 years old S10 with one of these but put off by the camera visor and FPS. It would probably be a stop gap until the S22 is discounted or Pixel 7 or next S series.
If you need a code let me know

Associate
I replaced my s10e with the pixel 6 and love it. Camera is fantastic, low light pictures indoors blow Samsung away.
I have a tempered glass screen protector on it and my fingerprint reader still works perfectly.
My first pixel since being with Samsung from having a galaxy s2 and i am so glad i have moved across.
Battery life is excellent as well. Absolutely no regrets at changing.
Good luck.

Associate
I replaced my s10e with the pixel 6 and love it. Camera is fantastic, low light pictures indoors blow Samsung away.
I have a tempered glass screen protector on it and my fingerprint reader still works perfectly.
My first pixel since being with Samsung from having a galaxy s2 and i am so glad i have moved across.
Battery life is excellent as well. Absolutely no regrets at changing.
Good luck.

What kind of battery life are you seeing? I'm losing 30% to the mobile network drain even when on WiFi and hardly using the phone. Lucky to see 3 hours sot with hardly any use at all

Associate
What kind of battery life are you seeing? I'm losing 30% to the mobile network drain even when on WiFi and hardly using the phone. Lucky to see 3 hours sot with hardly any use at all
I am a fairly heavy user and my house is also in a location that struggles to get a good signal so i found with the s10e i was having to charge my phone around 6 p.m. With the pixel 6 i easily get the full day out of it and still have about 30% at about 10:30 p.m.

Associate
I am a fairly heavy user and my house is also in a location that struggles to get a good signal so i found with the s10e i was having to charge my phone around 6 p.m. With the pixel 6 i easily get the full day out of it and still have about 30% at about 10:30 p.m.
Thanks. I'm in rock solid 4g coverage and no matter what I do cannot get decent battery out of this thing.

Associate
I get great life from my 6 too. Have you tried a factory reset? Have you got something like Accubattery to see what might be causing the drain?
I did try a factory reset with no change. Will install accubattery and see what it shows. Roughly how much screen on time are you getting?

Soldato
I did try a factory reset with no change. Will install accubattery and see what it shows. Roughly how much screen on time are you getting?
Bear in mind accubattery is quite a battery drainer in itself- good to install for trouble shooting but definitely not somthing I'd leave installed

Soldato
Was out on holiday for the weekend and did not have to use my battery bank at all during the day, just normal charging at the hotel. 16 hours off the charger from full and it had around 26% battery left. Mostly used to take photos so not too extreme on the battery. Had solid 5G all the way.

@SAM81 did you restore from a backup? I started from fresh so not sure if that could maybe help. I also have adaptive connectivity turned off, maybe it's somehow causing the extra drain.

Back
Top Bottom