Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Still having issues with Android Auto after all this time. Regularly receive a message that I can't use it with the cable I have, but restarting the phone fixes the issue everytime so it's not the cable. Never happened with any of my Samsung phones or my wife's S10 in the same car (Zafira).

Is a lottery when I plug my phone in if it will decide to work that day or not. Not the end of the world I know but always decides to go up the creek when I'm late or in a rush...
Have you tried a different cable? I've had issues similar to yours with mine and a new cable sorted it.

I think I also cleared the data/cache from my android auto app and set it up fresh again. Have you done that?

Man of Honour
Sadly not.

But we do get gay pride wallpapers...

Not a single function I'll ever use :cry:

Soldato
Have you tried a different cable? I've had issues similar to yours with mine and a new cable sorted it.

I think I also cleared the data/cache from my android auto app and set it up fresh again. Have you done that?
Yep tried a bunch of different cables, all of them worked with the S10 but none with the Pixel until I restart the phone and then AA works fine.

I think I did try clearing the cache etc. but was a while back so worth starting from scratch again, will give it a go and report back.

Associate
I don't know if it's Fitbit or my Pixel 6 but I have to keep turning bluetooth off and on again to get it to connect and sync. I have a Versa 3.
This was happening before the June patch and continues after it also.

Man of Honour
I don't know if it's Fitbit or my Pixel 6 but I have to keep turning bluetooth off and on again to get it to connect and sync. I have a Versa 3.
This was happening before the June patch and continues after it also.
Similar thing with my Sense. I think it's a Fitbit issue as BT is solid for everything else.

Soldato
I was going to mull over buying a new handset for a bit longer but our Huawei Mate 20 Pro handsets are acting up more and more.

One more question for handset owners - how satisfied are you with the fingerprint sensor? I have read that it can be a bit faffy by not working first try or two, but a work-around would be to register the same finger twice?

It's not very good. Definitely the worst sensor I've used, and much much worse than the capacitive one that was on my P5. I reckon it works about 75% of the time. I'm yet to figure out how to get it to be more reliable too - you can put your whole thumb on there and it fails, then just a partial and it works. I've tried a factory reset, and registering fingerprints multiple times, but it's frustrating you can only register 5 total.

Associate
Hmmm after the update last night, my phone was down to 30% battery at lunch and then died.I couldn't charge it till i got home just now and stuck it on the wireless charger.

Associate
Well, my phone turned up today. Except I received a black non pro instead of the white pro I ordered! Absolutely unbelievable!

And get this, they want me to send it back for a refund and then order another one!

That is cheeky monkey behaviour all right... I'd be telling them where to stick it at that point.

Soldato
Still having issues with Android Auto after all this time. Regularly receive a message that I can't use it with the cable I have, but restarting the phone fixes the issue everytime so it's not the cable. Never happened with any of my Samsung phones or my wife's S10 in the same car (Zafira).

Is a lottery when I plug my phone in if it will decide to work that day or not. Not the end of the world I know but always decides to go up the creek when I'm late or in a rush...
I wonder if it could be the port in the phone or the car? Or is it even possible, the cable from the car port to the head unit?

Back
Top Bottom