Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Got an update from the Google customer support.

Been promised a total of £200 store credit as compensation.

Got to send my phone back and order another one though. Then mess around with refunds.

What an absolute shambles.

Soldato
Yeh, pretty good really.

It's due to the current deal on the pixel. It's full price again but you get £160 store credit instead.

So I'll get this when I reorder it on their store. Plus £40 voucher for my hassles.

Then I'll get the difference refunded.

Get this deal and I can send you the code

Soldato
June Pixel Update Bug Fixes

Apps

Fix for issue causing Google app crash after updating device in certain conditions *[2].
Fix for issue preventing GBoard from appearing in certain apps (A-230151581) *[1].

Audio
Fix for issue causing loud noise artifacts during calls under certain conditions *[2].
Fix for issue preventing audio playback over USB accessories when using certain third-party apps *[2].
Fix for issue preventing incoming notifications for calls in certain conditions (A-199020405) *[1].
Fix for issue preventing pre-screened calls to be accepted in certain conditions *[2].

Battery & Power
General improvements for idle power consumption under certain conditions (A-205165830, A-224923101) *[2].

Biometrics
Fix for issue occasionally causing rear fingerprint unlock to take longer than expected (A-215532798, A-223330132) *[3].
Fix for issue causing under-display fingerprint unlock to fail while in a call with AOD active *[2].

Bluetooth
General improvements for Bluetooth stability & performance *[4].

Camera
Fix for issue causing white screen to display after double tapping power to open Camera (A-226673984) *[1].
Fix for issue occasionally causing Camera to launch when tapping power button for Emergency SOS mode *[1].
Fix for issue occasionally causing click sound in the background of captured videos (A-222556615) *[2].

General improvements for camera stability & performance *[2].
Display & Graphics
Fix for issue causing display artifacts after waking device in certain conditions *[2].
Fix for issue causing display artifacts in Photos preview in certain conditions *[2].

Sensors
Fix for issue causing display brightness to increase when flashlight is turned on (A-219732625) *[2].
Fix for issue preventing contactless payments in certain conditions *[5].
Improvements for adaptive brightness response in low light levels *[2].
System

General improvements for system stability & performance *[2].
Kernel update to 4.14.261 for Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL & Pixel 4a.
Kernel update to 4.19.224 for Pixel 4a (5G), Pixel 5 & Pixel 5a (5G).
Kernel update to 5.10.81 for Pixel 6 & Pixel 6 Pro.

Telephony
General improvements for network connection stability & performance *[4].

User Interface
Add behavior to open Clock after tapping on the next alarm on home screen *[1].
Fix for issue causing SIM color option to appear invisible in Settings (A-209976548) *[1].
Fix for issue causing split app divider to overlay animation while switching between apps (A-214940784) *[1].
Fix for issue causing status bar to overlay on top of certain apps on devices with a display cutout (A-216374000) *[1].
Fix for issue occasionally causing lock screen wallpaper to appear hidden while using Android Auto *[1].
Fix for issue occasionally causing lockscreen UI to appear hidden after waking device (A-215207532) *[1].
Fix for issue occasionally causing notification panel to display on top half of the screen (A-227442690) *[1].
Fix for issue occasionally causing PIN unlock keyboard to appear incorrectly scaled on lock screen *[1].
Fix for issue occasionally causing Quick Settings to appear invisible after swiping down notification panel *[1].
Fix for issue occasionally causing system crash when UI toasts are triggered (A-219780255) *[1].

Wi-Fi
General improvements for Wi-Fi stability & performance *[2].
—————————————————————
Device Applicability
*[1] Included on Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a (5G), Pixel 5, Pixel 5a (5G), Pixel 6 & Pixel 6 Pro
*[2] Included on Pixel 6 & Pixel 6 Pro
*[3] Included on Pixel 4a (5G), Pixel 5 & Pixel 5a (5G)
*[4] Included on Pixel 4a (5G), Pixel 5, Pixel 5a (5G), Pixel 6 & Pixel 6 Pro
*[5] Included on Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a (5G), Pixel 5, Pixel 5a (5G)
// Google

Soldato
Finally, they delivered the right phone :rolleyes:

Still setting it all up. Signal seems good so far and not had the finger print reader misread yet though.

So, when I get all my refunds, the phone will have cost me £680 and I'll have £180 of Google store credit. Not bad at all :)

Soldato
It's spending the store credit that becomes a problem. Still got mine from December/January that they gave me for relentlessly complaining about the signal issues. Hoping the watch is decent so can use it for discount off that

My pixel 6 has been going well since then though. Only problem is my third party case rubbing through the paint/anodising of the body. Can't really blame Google for that though

Soldato
It's spending the store credit that becomes a problem. Still got mine from December/January that they gave me for relentlessly complaining about the signal issues. Hoping the watch is decent so can use it for discount off that

My pixel 6 has been going well since then though. Only problem is my third party case rubbing through the paint/anodising of the body. Can't really blame Google for that though
Will probably use the store credit to buy the Mrs the pixel 6a when it comes out.

Potential rubbing of the coating is the reason I went for the cloudy white with bare metal frame.

Loving the phone so far.

Soldato
Finger print reader seems great on my pro. I think I have only had one failure so far and a couple of times it's been a bit slow. If anything, it is more reliable than my previous OnePlus 7pro.
Just goes to show you shouldn't believe all what you hear in the media about this phone. Blown way out of proportion.

I remember you were on the fence for a while.

Soldato
Just goes to show you shouldn't believe all what you hear in the media about this phone. Blown way out of proportion.

I remember you were on the fence for a while.
Yes, I was reading up all i could before buying. All the reports of various issues stopped me getting one for some time. Only issue I've had is the weather widget not updating.

Associate
The fingerprint reader on the 6 can only be described as awful. I've had to get used to typing my pin in all the time.
My p30 pro had an excellent fingerprint reader. Face unlock aswel.

Associate
Anybody had an issue of the screen just stopping responding? I've had it a couple of times since the last update. Lasts maybe a minute or so then it starts working again.
I've had something similar where the notification bar had been sort of half swiped down but not all the way, and I don't notice it. Swipe it back up (or hit the home button) and things return to normal

Back
Top Bottom