Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Apparently Bose need the serial number of my headphones in order to process an RMA, but because they won't power on then I can't connect to the app to retrieve the serial. Has anyone processed an RMA via Google direct?

I think it's looking like I need to write these off. :mad:

Soldato
Apparently Bose need the serial number of my headphones in order to process an RMA, but because they won't power on then I can't connect to the app to retrieve the serial. Has anyone processed an RMA via Google direct?

I think it's looking like I need to write these off. :mad:
Serial should be on the box?

Also on ear cup

Soldato
I still have my Google Pixel 6, and it's not a bad device.

However, I don't think I would have bought it if it didn't come with the BOSE NC headphones.
Same, though I didn't get anything worthwhile free (came with a Stadia paperweight) - but I did get the phone at a sub £400 price. But compared to the Pixel [1] and Nexus 4 before that (my only Google phones), I don't think that the P6 is really there in terms of quality and overall polish. It's a shame that Samsung have gone the way of 1k+ phones and still has preloaded bloat, as their hardware has always been pretty good from the get go imo, Sony too - but again, their prices take the micky.

Caporegime
Same, though I didn't get anything worthwhile free (came with a Stadia paperweight) - but I did get the phone at a sub £400 price. But compared to the Pixel [1] and Nexus 4 before that (my only Google phones), I don't think that the P6 is really there in terms of quality and overall polish. It's a shame that Samsung have gone the way of 1k+ phones and still has preloaded bloat, as their hardware has always been pretty good from the get go imo, Sony too - but again, their prices take the micky.

Only reason I could justify getting the s21U is because it was a refurb and 500.
Even then I still feel 'robbed'. No way would I pay full retail.

Soldato
The Mrs and I are both happy with our pixel 6 and pixel 6 pro.

For the total cost of £1000 for both and free case, charger, data cable and wireless charger bought with associated store credit, we are very happy.

That outlay won't even buy an s22 ultra :p

Samsung make good stuff, but have long priced themselves out of what I'm prepared to pay for a phone. They have gone the way of apple in my eyes.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
What's annoying is there aren't a lot of choices when it comes to stock android. Samsung is a non-starter due to their bloated OS.

Google's 6 series just isn't for me. The Pixel 5 is a good phone but that's starting to show it's age already, micro shutters and generally an average performance. I've resigned to just sticking with an iPhone and running Google apps. At least with an iPhone the hardware and support is excellent.

Associate
What's annoying is there aren't a lot of choices when it comes to stock android. Samsung is a non-starter due to their bloated OS.

I used to think that way too, but you have to consider Samsung's perspective too.

If you're that big of a company, a "Vanilla experience" Android is simply not going to cut it. You'd be doing your users a disservice. You have to factor in the Korean loyalty into the equation here, and Koreans love their Samsungs, and what goes into their Samsung devices.

Another perspective is that using a Samsung device, you have the (easy) option of NOT using Google services. Samsung gives you that option. They almost have an app for each Google App. This is an understated feature that doesn't get talked in a positive light often.

Also, should Android take an OEM-hostile approach in the future, Samsung has enough groundwork to pursuit a fork of Android and separate itself from the Google eco-system, much much faster than the other OEMs. They have an app store, a watch app store, a wallet app as well.

I used to call it bloat, but after hearing from various perspectives, you find out the reason why Samsung is synonymous to "Number One Android OEM" and the answer isn't as black and white.

And a LOT of other OEMs are trying (and not succeeding) in copying this formula.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I used to think that way too, but you have to consider Samsung's perspective too.

If you're that big of a company, a "Vanilla experience" Android is simply not going to cut it. You'd be doing your users a disservice. You have to factor in the Korean loyalty into the equation here, and Koreans love their Samsungs, and what goes into their Samsung devices.

Another perspective is that using a Samsung device, you have the (easy) option of NOT using Google services. Samsung gives you that option. They almost have an app for each Google App. This is an understated feature that doesn't get talked in a positive light often.

Also, should Android take an OEM-hostile approach in the future, Samsung has enough groundwork to pursuit a fork of Android and separate itself from the Google eco-system, much much faster than the other OEMs. They have an app store, a watch app store, a wallet app as well.

I used to call it bloat, but after hearing from various perspectives, you find out the reason why Samsung is synonymous to "Number One Android OEM" and the answer isn't as black and white.

And a LOT of other OEMs are trying (and not succeeding) in copying this formula.
I did consider an S22 but the no snapdragon chip in UK put me off.

Soldato
I don't think that the P6 is really there in terms of quality and overall polish. It's a shame that Samsung have gone the way of 1k+ phones and still has preloaded bloat, as their hardware has always been pretty good from the get go imo, Sony too - but again, their prices take the micky.
Surely comparing a £600/£850 phone to one up over £1,000 probably isn't a fair comparison? Samsung make devices at all price points, so compare to one of them maybe? (I'm not saying a Pixel would be better, jus a fairer comparison)
Samsung make good stuff, but have long priced themselves out of what I'm prepared to pay for a phone. They have gone the way of apple in my eyes.
Again, I'm not sure how that's possible, Samsung make phones through pretty much all price ranges, don't they? I hear the A53 is very good and under £300.

Soldato
I honestly think the pixel 6 is a far better device than an equivalently priced Samsung phone.

Samsung are massively overpriced at all price points.

The pixel 6 pro isn't all that far off an s22 ultra, yet mine cost me almost half the price of the Samsung flagship.

Soldato
Surely comparing a £600/£850 phone to one up over £1,000 probably isn't a fair comparison? Samsung make devices at all price points, so compare to one of them maybe? (I'm not saying a Pixel would be better, jus a fairer comparison)
That maybe so - but I'm pretty sure that deep down, the Samsung is probably (performance-wise) in the same league; and just has a wannabe Apple-esq price tag applied to it. I certainly wouldn’t expect the £400/£150+ to equate to much real-world gain, if anything.

Soldato
I'm confused. I thought you were saying the Samsung was better, not worse? Or, you're saying they do good hardware but their software lets them down?

From what I've heard (not owned a top-end Samsung in some time now) their software experience is actually pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom