Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Check the adaptive battery setting is turned off (different from adaptive charging).

Adaptive battery increases battery life by pausing some apps checking for new data (like Gmail) when the phone is put down and idle but will then check once phone is picked up and active again.

Associate
Carried out the upgrade to Android 13 last night and now find that my network connection is back to showing as 5g. Would be alright if my ping wasn't around 200 and my download speed about 2mbps.
Problem is, the option to go into settings and select 4g as your preferred signal is no longer there. It has been removed in Android 13. Stuck with really poor mobile download speeds now. Not happy.

Soldato
Carried out the upgrade to Android 13 last night and now find that my network connection is back to showing as 5g. Would be alright if my ping wasn't around 200 and my download speed about 2mbps.
Problem is, the option to go into settings and select 4g as your preferred signal is no longer there. It has been removed in Android 13. Stuck with really poor mobile download speeds now. Not happy.
You can dial *#*#4636#*#* to open the advanced menu, select phone information and force 5G off there.

Associate
You can dial *#*#4636#*#* to open the advanced menu, select phone information and force 5G off there.
Thanks for this. I had looked but way too many options to select from. At least in the old network setting the option was 5g or 4g. There is about 20 different permutations of signal to choose from, none of which are as straightforward as 5g or 4g.

Associate
Thanks for this. I had looked but way too many options to select from. At least in the old network setting the option was 5g or 4g. There is about 20 different permutations of signal to choose from, none of which are as straightforward as 5g or 4g.
Did a bit more digging and i think that in amongst all of the combinations, NR is 5g and LTE 4g. Just need to try a few of them. Thanks again.

Associate
Relatively simple:

Download and install the ADB Drivers from here - https://adb.clockworkmod.com/
Download and Extract Android Platform Tools from here - https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
Download the OTA Image for your Pixel and copy the file into the platform-tools folder

Follow the instructions here - https://developers.google.com/android/ota#instructions
Easy solution is to opt into the Android 13 beta, which now installs the stable version, but make sure you opt out again once installed.

Soldato
Did a bit more digging and i think that in amongst all of the combinations, NR is 5g and LTE 4g. Just need to try a few of them. Thanks again.
Currently using LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM/WCDMA since it covers all the ones used in the UK. GSM is 2G, WCDMA is 3G, LTE is 4G and NR is 5G. The others are different mobile technologies used in other parts of the world.

Permabanned
Lol at 4g being faster than 5g... What a joke. I'm with Smarty and 5g is excellent so far.

Soldato
Currently using LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM/WCDMA since it covers all the ones used in the UK. GSM is 2G, WCDMA is 3G, LTE is 4G and NR is 5G. The others are different mobile technologies used in other parts of the world.
I knew what LTE stood for.... Long term evolution or something like that.

Had to look up NR. Apparently stands for New Radio. Talk about being creative :D

Associate

I've updated my P6 to 13 and still have the option to set the preferred network type on O2. Settings/Network & Internet/Sims/Preferred Network Type (3G, 4G & 5G)

Back
Top Bottom