Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
That seems like a great deal. I hadn't even considered a contract as it I've just bought outright for years now, but when I consider what I'm paying for my monthly SIM on top I'd be much better off. I was never a fan of Vodafone, not sure what they're like these days?

Switched to Voxi who run on Vodafone network few months back and signal has been great for me where I live, even get 5G at my house and I don't live anywhere near city centre either. I have a very low bar for standards though coming from years of Three :p

I have heard Vodafone have a bad reputation, but not sure I'd ever need to contact them if signal is fine so it's all down to what reception you get where important to you.

Think I'll hold off until Monday though when reviews land, just want to see if Pro is worth the extra but regular version just seems exceptional value.

Soldato
An embargo on the camera until Monday, seems dodgy, have I missed this happening before or is it a new thing?

Not dodgy at all. It'll be software refinements, no point reviewing something on non final software, especially camera.

What is there to lose, order and return if necessary.

Soldato
with the embargo, maybe as they know there is so many new events taking place in next few days, weeks, they are confident and want to make people wait ?

Associate
An embargo on the camera until Monday, seems dodgy, have I missed this happening before or is it a new thing?

Why worry, you have 14 days to return the device if you don't like it of the 'reviews' say it's crap. A lot of reviews are apple fans so take them with a pinch of salt. MKBHD for one.

Techspurt is a good honest bet & Mr Mobile.

Soldato
Wouldn't say embargo seems particularly fishy here, in fact you still have 2 days after it lifts to get the headphones offer.

Soldato
At least the embargo is a couple of days before the preorder deal expires. Gives you a chance to see how well the phone actually performs before you jump in.

Popped into the nearby EE store during my lunch break but they only had dummy units, size difference between the two really is almost nothing. While it was a fake screen, it gave me a good chance to look at the curve on the pro, it's definitely better than my 7T Pro but still looks distracting for full screen media.

Soldato
Don't get me wrong I am pro pixel, I hope it's good as I will go for it once my contract is up.

Nothing quite matches the look of portraits on a pixel for me I love them for a phone camera

Associate
Has anyone else tried to use the 24 month finance option and then failed to purchase? I've just contacted Klarna who I opened an account with and been told I've been assigned a credit limit of 830. Which just so happens to fall £20 under the purchase I wanted to make.

Seems a common theme: https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/qbx2uc/disappointed_with_klarna_interestfree_credit/

Seems extremely dodgy? Entice you to open an account, do a hard credit check and then don't give you enough credit to complete the purchase.

Back
Top Bottom