Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Has anyone else tried to use the 24 month finance option and then failed to purchase? I've just contacted Klarna who I opened an account with and been told I've been assigned a credit limit of 830. Which just so happens to fall £20 under the purchase I wanted to make.

Seems a common theme: https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/qbx2uc/disappointed_with_klarna_interestfree_credit/

Seems extremely dodgy? Entice you to open an account, do a hard credit check and then don't give you enough credit to complete the purchase.
Yes I ended up going with somewhere else. When I told klarna to close my account since I won't need it they said I'd never be able to shop with them again in the future. So now I'm left with a unused credit limit.

Soldato
The ECG doesn't work - I never use that
BP doesn't work - I never use that.

So I am not really missing out on anything I use now on my Note 20 Ultra

Isn't the Watch4 running on WearOS rather than Tizen now? Considering the deal they must have made with Google I'm surprised features would be restricted on Google devices.

Soldato
Just ordered 2 Pixel 6's, one for me and one for the better half.
If you order 2 phones can you claim 2 pairs of headphones ?

From google website:

Pre-order a Google Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro (subject to availability) from participating retailers, between 19/10/2021 at 06:00 pm BST through 27/10/2021 at 11:59pm BST and receive a set of Bose Noise Cancelling headphones 700. To redeem this offer visit pixel-offers.com/headphones for full terms and conditions. Participants must be 18 or older with a delivery address in the UK. Max 2 per household. Employees of Google, participating retailers and anyone professionally connected with the Promotion or their immediate family members are not eligible to take part in the Promotion.

Soldato
Can't decide between normal and pro. £250 mark up seems to be quite high given minor differences and then there is the screen curve. I have oneplus 7 pro right now and I don't really like that the screen is curved yet normal pixel 6 has huge bezels whereas pro version has more similar bezels to oneplus 7 pro that I have. Tough choices.

Soldato
Thanks, so still time to make your mind up and still get an order in with the the free headphones.

I hate it when people say things like this... But I decided to order and will return if the reviews are rubbish. I justified it by deciding Google's policy on review time frames was not pro-consumer and it is unlikely to be that bad. In MKBHD's Studio review, they all looked really excited about it afterwards so am trusting them against the minor return postage cost.

Associate
Soldato
Can't decide between normal and pro. £250 mark up seems to be quite high given minor differences and then there is the screen curve. I have oneplus 7 pro right now and I don't really like that the screen is curved yet normal pixel 6 has huge bezels whereas pro version has more similar bezels to oneplus 7 pro that I have. Tough choices.

Pro, you'll only regret it

Soldato
I am on £6 a month with EE for unlimited calls and 15gb data. They can't bake that sort of discount in on a new contract

So I just ordered standard direct from Google.

Should I have got the pro ha ha

Associate
I had to cancel the green p6 I ordered from CPW as I ordered a black one from Google as well. Spent 20 mins on the phone to them but apparently the cancellation has gone through and I'll have to wait 3-5 working days to be refunded. They told me they couldn't send me a confirmation email so guess I'll have to wait and see whether I get the refund...

I got an email through re the cancellation after the phone call

Back
Top Bottom