1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Pixel 6

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by BMox81, 14 May 2021.

1. TallPaul_S

Soldato

Same here really, if I am going to buy it's going to be a Pro, I don't change phones very often - I had a OP 3T from Nov 2016, then my current Mate 20 Pro from Jan 2019 until now. So any new phone purchase is going to keep me going until 2024 roughly...

But without the headphones it's a much less tempting deal, and I'll wait if I can't get one.

2. Simps

Wise Guy

The black 6 pro 256 GB was just in stock a few minutes a go when I was checking the stock.

3. TallPaul_S

Soldato

Yep, and then 20 seconds later it's out of stock.

I can barely get through the basket process before it's removed as it's already out of stock. It's probably single cancellation that are snapped up by the first of the god knows how many people refreshing the page every few seconds.

Edit: I literally just kept refreshing the prorder page and a 128GB stormy black was in stock for 30 seconds exactly. :cry:

4. mark43

Mobster

I was gonna get the spigen liquid air case, but it does seem a bit boring to get a black case after finally getting a colourful phone for the first time in my life.

So I was looking at the official case but it seems a bit pricey for what it is...

I'm planning not to bother with a case mostly (again for the first time ever), but want one to pop it in for occasions where I think it might want a bit more protection.

5. Simps

Wise Guy

Ahh I see. Well good luck getting one, maybe you can get lucky.

6. kona786

Capodecina

The sunny eagle has landed. :D

[​IMG]

7. slackrob

Gangster

Phones are looking nice folks, my delivery has changed again it seems. Moved to "by the 9th" now. Maybe the Cloudy White is popular choice.

8. Trifid

Sgarrista

My light frost case might be it for me. A colleague has also ordered and had a despatch date for yesterday but no despatch email.

9. remy87

Wise Guy

Does anyone have any issues with pixel 6 and Spigen glass protector? Can't get the fingerprint to work.

10. dl8860

Mobster

Can anyone see spigen liquid air for the normal 6?

11. AndyCr15

Capodecina

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just making the unboxing video and transferring files over. I wont lie, the heft of the device took me a little by surprise. It's certainly a solid lump!

12. Gregry254

Hitman

What screen protectors has everyone gone for? I have a non pro arriving tomorow and can't see that great of a selection on Amazon.

13. mark43

Mobster

14. Rimsy

Soldato

Looks nice but yeah... having held one in the flesh today (currys) its a solid pass from me. Shame as its clearly the best android phone on the market right now and a bit of a bargain.. just not for me!

15. KraniX

Mobster

Not heard much mention of the weight, so thanks for that.

Checking the specs the 6 is 207g, I had a Note 9 which was 201g so don't think it will be an issue for me.

16. android-fan

Gangster

Anyone moved from a OnePlus 9 pro to the pixel 6 pro? Worthy upgrade?

17. hyperfighting

Gangster

Pixel 6 arrived today, is set up and is ready to go with a Spigen case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. biron_w

Sgarrista

I've had issues with other phones with TG screen protectors not working right. I generally switch to a film one. As these phones have Gorilla Glass Victus on then all you really need to worry about is scratches rather than dropping your phone.

19. neoboy

Capodecina

How are the haptics on regular 6? Always found that a little disappointing on most Android handsets in the past

20. AndyCr15

Capodecina

I don't usually use the Pixel Launcher... how do I get rid of the baked in clock and weather so I can use the clock widget without it looking silly?