Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Any news on where the finger print reader will be located?

Any the front top speakers? Will it be under glass rubbish or the better old style?

Fps Most likely underglass. Speaker will be a proper speaker given how bad the p5 was.

They really need the basic face unlock via camera as an option. For those paranoid folk, make it optional.

Soldato
i don't mind both, however often they will do one or the other, and on top of that, as i understand it face unlock requires a bigger forhead, hence the design of the 4 and the current iphones.

I'm talking basic face unlock not the IR lasers they use on the Pixel 4. That's not worth the forehead.

Basic face unlock and fps of some form is the way to go.

doesn't that cause an issue with the unlocking being no where near as secure and also slower? not a good selling point when the expectation now is a face unlock super fast and secure enough to use for online banking.

Soldato
doesn't that cause an issue with the unlocking being no where near as secure and also slower? not a good selling point when the expectation now is a face unlock super fast and secure enough to use for online banking.

It's less secure ofcourse. But the reality of someone physically hacking my phone via face unlock is slim to none. That's why I said make it optional. I've been using it on other phones for years. Fps is the primary method for apps etc.

Face unlock in Apps is not coming to android anytime soon. Or ever in my opinion.

No its not slow, lightning fast in fact. Doest work well in low light, this is where the IR version wins

Why do you prefer that way? I unlock my phone between grabbing it from my pocket and moving it to view. Some where between that motion, my finger has found the sensor and unlocked it.

That's why I like the rear sensor.

Soldato
Why do you prefer that way? I unlock my phone between grabbing it from my pocket and moving it to view. Some where between that motion, my finger has found the sensor and unlocked it.

That's why I like the rear sensor.

I'm not really sure, it's just become comfortable and I can remember the Pixel taking it's time to unlock.

Maybe either is ok after a while.

The under glass I'd have thought, in the long run would be more reliable than rear due to the front stay cleaner for longer. Cleaning glass is easy, but the rear can get a film if dirrt not noticeable, but making it less reliable. At least that's my thought.

Associate
It's less secure ofcourse. But the reality of someone physically hacking my phone via face unlock is slim to none. That's why I said make it optional. I've been using it on other phones for years. Fps is the primary method for apps etc.

Face unlock in Apps is not coming to android anytime soon. Or ever in my opinion.

No its not slow, lightning fast in fact. Doest work well in low light, this is where the IR version wins

by bank been using face unlock for over a year, and the app i use to order my prescriptions has started using it

pixel4xl

Soldato
by bank been using face unlock for over a year, and the app i use to order my prescriptions has started using it

pixel4xl

Interesting which bank is this?

Literally less than 1% of all android phones have IR face ID and thats why I can't see it taking off or being mainstream.

There'll always be an exception to the rule. My point still stands.

Associate
Interesting which bank is this?

Literally less than 1% of all android phones have IR face ID and thats why I can't see it taking off or being mainstream.

There'll always be an exception to the rule. My point still stands.

it the Ulster bank which is part of the nat west, in fact they moving their Business account to nat west

Back
Top Bottom