Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

i think they've made a mistake with the camera bump though. i like the bar, just not the way it sticks out. I feel to so many potential buyers, this will put them off.

however with that said, if you get some really cool cases, that have a gap for the camera and make the case now the same thickness as the camera bump, maybe this could work and be a unique attraction. though i don't know how case makers could do this, as the top part of the case that would go above the cam bump would have almost no joining part between the bottom and top of the case.

Last edited:
Soldato
i think they've made a mistake with the camera bump though. i like the bar, just not the way it sticks out. I feel to so many potential buyers, this will put them off.

however with that said, if you get some really cool cases, that have a gap for the camera and make the case now the same thickness as the cam but, maybe this could work and be a unique attraction. though i don't know how case makers could do this, as the top part of hte case that would go above the cam bump would have almost no joining part between the bottom and top of the case.

I was thinking the same thing, I'd be looking for a case that makes the camera bar flush.

Soldato
I put a case on regardless so camera bumps never been an issue personally, looks like there's been plenty of case leaks for it already.

Associate
So they're moving away from the smaller form factor then, that's disappointing.
Looks quite a narrow design so should be relatively easy to hold, I'm still rocking my pixel 3 and find that a great size.

Hopefully they'll have some smart software tweaks so you don't have to reach all over the phone to navigate.

Associate
OP
I think Google are banking on people seeing the uniqueness of the phone and expecting them to rock it without a case, or at least a slim clear one.

Associate
capture.jpg

Pixel 5 versus 6.4" Realme 7 Pro

Soldato
What are people's guesses on the prices? I reckon
Pixel 6 128GB £779 / 256GB £899
Pixel 6 XL 128GB £879 / 256GB £999

I would say that's a good ball park, in theory Google should be saving money cutting out the middle man, but it depends if they want to pass that saving on or offset there R&D from the silicon

Soldato
It wouldn't surprise me if the XL version goes over £1000 like other flagships. It's sadly the trend these days. There's also the rumoured 5 years updates so that itself might be where the saved costs from cutting out the middle man will go to.

Caporegime
It wouldn't surprise me if the XL version goes over £1000 like other flagships. It's sadly the trend these days. There's also the rumoured 5 years updates so that itself might be where the saved costs from cutting out the middle man will go to.
I said a few days ago that I didn't think Google had the brand recognition to sell a £1000 phone yet but there's also the resale value to consider. Even with 5 years of updates, a new SoC and a potentially better camera, will a Pixel 6 be desirable next year or the year after? Spend £1000 on a Pixel this year, it'll be worth £5-600 or less next year and half that again the year after.

Soldato
I said a few days ago that I didn't think Google had the brand recognition to sell a £1000 phone yet but there's also the resale value to consider. Even with 5 years of updates, a new SoC and a potentially better camera, will a Pixel 6 be desirable next year or the year after? Spend £1000 on a Pixel this year, it'll be worth £5-600 or less next year and half that again the year after.

Doesn't stop Google sadly from pricing it silly even if it's a right thing to do.

A Google rep confirmed it will be expensive: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/owy1bi/google_rep_teases_pixel_6_pricing_pixel_6_pro/

We haven't been in the flagship smartphone segment for the past two years - and before that, not really. But the Pixel 6 Pro, which will be expensive, was designed specifically for users who want the latest technology. That's an important, new approach for us, and we believe it will help us be attractive in new market segments. But the Pixel 6 also belongs to the upper segment and can keep up with competing products. I would describe it as a "mainstream premium product".

This sounds like it will most likely be competing iPhone 12 Pro Max/S21 Ultra prices.

Soldato
I don't know how I feel about it. I like premium spec but I'm really enjoying my small pixel 5 with a plastic/metal frame build. Such an easy phone to live with.

Soldato
I don't know how I feel about it. I like premium spec but I'm really enjoying my small pixel 5 with a plastic/metal frame build. Such an easy phone to live with.

I'm on a 3 and all I really want is the on-device assistant. Even if I ask my Assistant to add a calender event, it's still slow as balls if I have bad data connection. At home on WiFi is no problem.

Back
Top Bottom