Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I dunno how I feel about these dumb trends apple starts. Having a brick was always good.. I usually get rid of my old phone with everything it came with, including the brick.

I'd usually agree given that the 33W PPS brick isn't standard issue in people's homes.

But given the current global shipping crisis I can overlook the lack of charger and rather have more supply of handsets to go around.

Last edited:
Soldato
Very delicious prices, with price difference between the models might even be tempted by the "lesser" model for the flat screen and how cases fit those.

Might not even be a pre-order bonus as they seem to be selling these at a low profit margin compared to competition.

Associate
OP
32557-AC2-6-B33-412-F-869-F-2728-CEF44-F85.jpg

Soldato
If those are the prices then Google really is going for it. I'm mostly tempted by 6 non pro, not sure if I care about the extra camera on the pro or the ram. Faster storage(than my 5), good main and no curved screen is more tempting.

Last edited:
Associate
If those are the prices then Google really is going for it. I'm mostly tempted by 6 non pro, not sure if I care about the extra camera on the pro or the ram. Faster storage, good main and no curved screen is more tempting.
I am thinking the exact same thing. That is a cracking price for the non pro.

Soldato
Yeah £250 difference for no telephoto lens and 90Hz 1080p screen instead of 120Hz and 1440p? Guessing battery capacities will be different too.

Soldato
No 256gb model for the normal 6? I'm hoping it would still be available with other retailers. I've hard moved back to offline music after the death of GPM and that uses a fair chunk of space.

Soldato
Yeah £250 difference for no telephoto lens and 90Hz 1080p screen instead of 120Hz and 1440p? Guessing battery capacities will be different too.
Yea just isn't worth the extra really. Screen res is fine, refresh rate I'm okay with and camera is fine for me really, if the main is capable then that's all I care about.

Soldato
The price for the 6 is quite high compared to other markets:

USA - $599 (+VAT) = £524
EU - €649 = £550
AUS - $999 = £550
CAD - $798 (+VAT) = £564

The Pro is a little keener, but the UK still seems to be the most expensive market from rumoured pricing.

Still, very decent handsets for £599/£849.

Soldato
Anyone else worry the phone chip is rubbish at these prices? :eek:

Seems almost too good to be true. Where's the catch. This is almost nexus pricing territory
I'm more curious about sustained performance, the 888 and 2100 throttles pretty badly to the point it dips under last gen phones if it can't be cooled enough. Two X1 cores, same GPU as the Exynos, and still using Samsung's 5nm doesn't look good, but there was an earlier rumour apparently sustained performance is still good.

Soldato

Cheaper phone, possible corners cut. Peak screen brightness, plastic rails, slower charging, front camera. We'll find out tomorrow.

Soldato
Very happy with the pricing if its correct. The Pro is tempting as its less than I expected, thought its a fair jump in price from the standard, not bothered about 120Hz so just the better camera really, its hard to justify.

Caporegime
Very happy with the pricing if its correct. The Pro is tempting as its less than I expected, thought its a fair jump in price from the standard, not bothered about 120Hz so just the better camera really, its hard to justify.

Potentially better screen too? Or is it just bigger?

Soldato
Cheaper phone, possible corners cut. Peak screen brightness, plastic rails, slower charging, front camera. We'll find out tomorrow.

Possibly but I don't know if that bothers me day-to-day. I'm essentially comparing it to pixel 5 and the main reasons I want to upgrade are:

Faster storage
Faster CPU
Better/more versatile camera(especially video)

If it ticks those boxes then I'm happy.

Associate
OP
Possibly but I don't know if that bothers me day-to-day. I'm essentially comparing it to pixel 5 and the main reasons I want to upgrade are:

Faster storage
Faster CPU
Better/more versatile camera(especially video)

If it ticks those boxes then I'm happy.

I think everything about the camera setup for the 6 will be an upgrade but we don’t have long to wait now to find out.

Back
Top Bottom