Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I’ve not received a cancellation email. Called them twice and they’ve said it’s cancelled and I should receive an email within 24 hours. Clearly not!! Will just return it to a shop if it does turn up, as I can see they’ve still got a hold on the money on my account.

No email here either and they still have my money. But they did say it'd be 3-5 working days for the refund, which means it could be up to Wednesday next week.

Associate
If you sign up to Google one (£7.99 a month) can you do the monthly, get the £60 credit then drop it down to the lower plans, say 100gig? I'm tempted!

Yeah I was a 200GB yearly sub. Then for the 10% just signed up for the 7.99 2TB one and I didn't have ti pay for the month yet lol not till a few months.

It's worth doing imo. Also if you can get ahold of a discount code I found a 10% one that worked for the 30W charge brick.

Soldato
Yeah I was a 200GB yearly sub. Then for the 10% just signed up for the 7.99 2TB one and I didn't have ti pay for the month yet lol not till a few months.

It's worth doing imo. Also if you can get ahold of a discount code I found a 10% one that worked for the 30W charge brick.

You sir are a legend. I asked this question yesterday and never got a reply. Google search never brought anything up. It looked like on the website, I had to wait until Jan 2022 to upgrade my plan.

I did it just now, and instantly got the 2tb with 10% discount. Like you say, we don't even have to pay yet :)

Thanks!!

Just ordered a 6 Pro, so got the 10% off, plus whatever I can sell the headphones for. My account will have £90 credit, so what's the best thing to buy in order to sell on ebay? I looked at the nest audio at £90, but it's only selling for £50. Think I might get the new chromecast with netflix bundle. Use the netflix, and sell the chromecast.

Last edited:
Associate
Naked for me. I would rather gather a few light scuffs than wreck a crafted glass screen with cheap plastic.

Makes me laugh how people buy a really nice coloured phone then put a god damn ugly case on it.

I get the point, but the number of times I've dropped my phone there is no way I would go without a case personally. If phones weren't so slippery these days then it wouldn't be an issue, but everything flagship these days is like a slippery bar of soap.

2 Pack Compatible with Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector(Not Tempered Glass),Full Coverage Curved,HD Clear,Case Friendly TPU Protection Film for Google Pixel 6 Pro https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09F3S9...abc_T6S2JGFGS6AQVH4YAN02?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Speaking from experience those sort of screen protectors are the best for curved screens.

Yep, I'll probably go for something similar. I noticed that Spigen don't even offer tempered glass for the 6 Pro probably for the same reason - film is best for curved screens.

Associate
Question about Google storage.

I've just had a look at Google one and it shows my current free storage. Says I have no photos, but my photos have been backing up as part of this free pixel (pixel 3) storage that's expiring/expired. I am assuming anything I ready have backed up, stays backed up (in full Res or does it get lowered).

So moving to a 6 would mean my free 15gb would start getting eaten in to? Does that sound right? Just debating if it's worth me upgrading to Google one going forward

Soldato
Google will soon be posting these out I think? Either Friday or Monday for delivery on 26th

Yeah if it's showing 26th for you then I expect it'll go out on Monday. Last year they were using DPD and I didn't get the out for delivery notification till 12.30pm on the day of delivery, which was a bit frustrating, cos I didn't know whether to make other plans.

Soldato
Yeah if it's showing 26th for you then I expect it'll go out on Monday. Last year they were using DPD and I didn't get the out for delivery notification till 12.30pm on the day of delivery, which was a bit frustrating, cos I didn't know whether to make other plans.
Yeah I've got 26th even tho I ordered late at night.. hoping it gets here on Tuesday.

Soldato
Whens the review embargo lifted? Only real concern I have is battery life (I'm getting a pixel 6)

Was the battery life OK on pixel 5?
I had a used pixel 4xl briefly and battery life was terrible.

Soldato
Whens the review embargo lifted? Only real concern I have is battery life (I'm getting a pixel 6)

Battery life on 5 has been excellent for me. It's a 2 day phone at home and can easily make it through a heavy day with more to spare.

Man of Honour

My pixel 5 lasts all day even on 5G with medium all day use. Best performing battery on a phone I've had. If I'm on wifi all day then it lasts more than 24hrs easily.

If only the video recording was good as IPhone's.

We don't know it isn't yet. But for me it's the photography rather than video that's more important - but I appreciate everyone has different desires from their phones :)

Back
Top Bottom