Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Associate
You sir are a legend. I asked this question yesterday and never got a reply. Google search never brought anything up. It looked like on the website, I had to wait until Jan 2022 to upgrade my plan.

I did it just now, and instantly got the 2tb with 10% discount. Like you say, we don't even have to pay yet :)

Thanks!!

Just ordered a 6 Pro, so got the 10% off, plus whatever I can sell the headphones for. My account will have £90 credit, so what's the best thing to buy in order to sell on ebay? I looked at the nest audio at £90, but it's only selling for £50. Think I might get the new chromecast with netflix bundle. Use the netflix, and sell the chromecast.

You're welcome! I decided to keep my current contract SIM card. It's only £27 a month. I used the Joint CC for the Pixel 6 Pro lol, with the store credit I'll be getting the new pixel charging stand and a 2 meter cable, maybe a case but probably Spigen on that.

Associate
My Pixel 6 case just turned up and I'm happy to say my Pixel 2XL fits perfectly inside the case. I was thinking I didn't want a phone any bigger than the 2XL and the 6 isn't. So that's a bonus also. :D

Soldato
My Pixel 6 case just turned up and I'm happy to say my Pixel 2XL fits perfectly inside the case. I was thinking I didn't want a phone any bigger than the 2XL and the 6 isn't. So that's a bonus also. :D

Maybe the camera, but I didn't notice much of a size difference between the 6 and 6 pro on the youtube unboxing videos

Soldato
My pixel 5 lasts all day even on 5G with medium all day use. Best performing battery on a phone I've had. If I'm on wifi all day then it lasts more than 24hrs easily.

Thanks, sounds good! Just need to see if the new chip is optimised / a battery killer I guess?

Still awaiting anyone posting the best screen protector else I'll have to go on an amazon hunt myself :D.

Associate
Ordered a sorta seafoam p6 from cpw.

Case recommendations? I want something matte and see-through, looking at the review for the spigen ultra hybrid but lots of people complaining it gets dusty, peeling and yellows quick.

Associate
I like the look of that Caseology Parralex, seems like it's a bit sparse stock wise for the Pro though. Might have to get the Spigen one 1st.

Suppose I have a month still to sort that out

Soldato
That's what happens when you outsource to SA and rebrand to Currys mobile.

Ohhhh interesting. I wondered why the guy I spoke to had a South African accent. Didn't realise they were outsourced there.

Anyway, for the CPW refund crew - I received my refund today. So that's 2.5 working days. Good news.

Soldato
For anyone who has ordered via CPW and getting a little concerned at the poor customer service stories here, bear in mind that if you need to RMA for any reason then you can do that directly with Google.

Yep but you can't hot swap, I can't understand why anyone would buy SIM free from CPW. Makes no sense unless it was massively reduced in price.

Associate
Ordered a sorta seafoam p6 from cpw.

Case recommendations? I want something matte and see-through, looking at the review for the spigen ultra hybrid but lots of people complaining it gets dusty, peeling and yellows quick.

You can see my Ringke Fusion on the previous page. Seems ok as far as I can tell - rubbish pics aside!

Associate
OP
Just had a quick look at the Pixel 6-very nice indeed! Love the matte sides and while the screen is tall the width is the same as my 11 Pro so should be easy to handle.

No Pro on show unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom