Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Associate

https://imgur.com/a/MUInOE1
MUInOE1

Associate
My Bellroy case has arrived, it's lovely I have to say, I got it direct from them rather than via Google. Also managed to pop in a take a look at a 6 pro, really do like them reminds me of the S10+ I used to have when look at the screen.

They look good, quite minimal. Not sure I want to chuck £45 on one though :)

What colour you opted for?

Associate
I should say I will be buying a Media Devil (they're excellent) case when they become available but are only pre-order only at the moment, but defo recommend folks check them out.

Associate
Just to say, my observations when briefly using both phones on display, is that the non-pro pixel 6 is an absolute steal, it looks fantastic, and doesn't feel that much smaller than the pro. I'll be honest I think the curved screen of the 6 pro is lovely and the higher refresh rate felt noticeable, so I decided to stick with my pro order. The good news is they both felt a match for the iPhone 13 / iPhone 13 Pro Max - and I'm expecting that with a lower base price and the free Bose 700's you'd really REALLY want to stick Apple to overlook these two devices. I think for those that have ordered the new Pixel there's unlikely to be any regret. My path has been iPhone 6S+ -> Samsung S8+ -> iPhone XR -> Samsung S10+ -> Pixel 5 -> Pixel 6am Pro, of those I loved my 6S+ and my Samsung S10+, and the Pixel 6 pro felt like a big step up from the S10+ from the limited time I had using it. As the reviewers are saying this really is Google's return to flagship phones, the only downside is that it's a unit, I.e. a very big phone, if you're anti that, a pixel 6 (non-pro) might be a better option and is as I said above an excellent device from my limited time testing it. I've upgraded my pixel 5 to Android 12, and it's light and day faster on the 6 and 6 pro.

Associate
Seems like CPW running out of stock. The Pro model all colour not in stock and only Pixel 6 black colour available for order. Google got more pre order than expected?

Soldato
Seems like CPW running out of stock. The Pro model all colour not in stock and only Pixel 6 black colour available for order. Google got more pre order than expected?
They apparently have ordered 7 million units in total, globally so the highest number Google has ever ordered. Now that is nothing compared to Samsung and Apple but I wonder what UK allocation is and when their next order is happening :D

Keeping in mind that even apple are struggling to produce phones and ship them it's no surprise that stocks are lowish.

Associate
I don't know if I've missed it or no one else is excited for it but. Did no one else notice the fact that you no longer have to say " hey Google stop" for alarms etc with the pixel 6. Which I think is great and I hope they made it so you can just say answer to phone calls too.

Also I'm surprised Google didn't mention the new Google lens coming the one that's meant to be for diagnosing rashes/ moles etc

Back
Top Bottom