Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Looks like it's not up to the hype and thats the reason for the dual embargo.

The majority of reviews have been very positive, it seems to be a good phone for the money, it's not doing anything ground breaking but when was the last time any phone truly innovated?

Folding screens are probably the only recent example I can think of.

I don't think people should be partying in the street over the UI adjusting colours based on your wallpaper, but it's a good performing handset with a decent camera, good battery life all for reasonable money.

Associate
Looks like it's not up to the hype and thats the reason for the dual embargo.

Apparently, the 6 pro gets very warm very quickly. The in-display fingerprint reader isn't that good and the brightness of the screen is poor. People could be nitpicking though or the problems might be able to be fixed via firmware. Could all be just new phone syndrome.

Associate
So the fingerprint reader is unreliable which should have been expected as fingerprint readers are ( imo) useless as they always fail with a bit of dirt/ grit/ slightly unaligned finger this is why Google should have stuck with soli and just improved on it

Associate
OP
Which is why the only review anyone should consider is their own and not someone on YouTube.

New phone delivery day is always a good day!

Associate
So the fingerprint reader is unreliable which should have been expected as fingerprint readers are ( imo) useless as they always fail with a bit of dirt/ grit/ slightly unaligned finger this is why Google should have stuck with soli and just improved on it

What does Soli have to do with the finger print reader? It's was/is useless.

Caporegime
Who's asking you to buy every phone?

Well that's why we look at reviews, if we didn't use reviews the only way we could find the best for our needs/price is to try every single phone ourselves - which is really just impossible. Hence why we need to rely on reviews.

Bit annoying most reviews are the pro, I'd had thought they'd be more non pro reviews as the majority of the sales will be the non pro.

Associate
OP
Well that's why we look at reviews, if we didn't use reviews the only way we could find the best for our needs/price is to try every single phone ourselves - which is really just impossible. Hence why we need to rely on reviews.

Bit annoying most reviews are the pro, I'd had thought they'd be more non pro reviews as the majority of the sales will be the non pro.

Nothing wrong in looking at reviews, but you shouldn't take them for gospel. Just because someone like Mrwhosetheboss is a bit pissy about it doesn't mean that you'll have that same experience.

Soldato
I'm happy based on all the reviews I've seen, I wasn't expecting perfection but for £600 it looks like it will delivers what I want. Of course we do live in a world where everything is either amazing or terrible these days...

Shame about the fingerprint reader but I've never found them terribly reliable, would probably have preferred a physical one on the back but never mind.

Mine is arriving between 08:30 and 09:30, shame I'm at work all day.

Soldato
I'm happy based on all the reviews I've seen, I wasn't expecting perfection but for £600 it looks like it will delivers what I want. Of course we do live in a world where everything is either amazing or terrible these days...

Shame about the fingerprint reader but I've never found them terribly reliable, would probably have preferred a physical one on the back but never mind.

0930 to 1030 here. Won't be able to collect till late afternoon but yay.

I'm a little disappointed with the budget sensor used for the ultrawide. And really going to miss the face unlock.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
My Pro is due at around 12.30. :D

I'm tempted to order the non pro while the headphone deal is still going though, just not sure the Pro is worth the extra 250....

Edit, non pro ordered, delivery in a couple of days. Will decide which I'm keeping then.

Soldato

I feel the same, I think people need to manage their expectations when spending £599 on a phone, it's not going to be perfect but is great value.

Soldato
I feel the same, I think people need to manage their expectations when spending £599 on a phone, it's not going to be perfect but is great value.

Regular 6 with the headphone deal is unbeatable. Definitely a win situation and as perfect a phone as anyone's going to get for the money.

Back
Top Bottom