Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
In a bit of a conundrum at the moment though, regular Pixel 6 is a real bargain especially with the 25GB Vodafone deal (£775 two year contract cost) and Topcashback plus headphones offer but coming from Note 10+ 5G, it is the Pro model that makes most sense to upgrade to.

That one is now completely out of stock across all retailers participating in the headphone offer and with next best available deal it's basically better to buy the phone outright but with no real cashback deal or contract discounts I'm questioning the value of the move for me. Also there's now rumbles of Samsung Note series actually returning next year, while the Stylis isn't a deal breaker, it has been nice to play around with since moving from Sony.

Same here really, if I am going to buy it's going to be a Pro, I don't change phones very often - I had a OP 3T from Nov 2016, then my current Mate 20 Pro from Jan 2019 until now. So any new phone purchase is going to keep me going until 2024 roughly...

But without the headphones it's a much less tempting deal, and I'll wait if I can't get one.

Soldato
The black 6 pro 256 GB was just in stock a few minutes a go when I was checking the stock.
Yep, and then 20 seconds later it's out of stock.

I can barely get through the basket process before it's removed as it's already out of stock. It's probably single cancellation that are snapped up by the first of the god knows how many people refreshing the page every few seconds.

Edit: I literally just kept refreshing the prorder page and a 128GB stormy black was in stock for 30 seconds exactly. :cry:

Soldato
I was gonna get the spigen liquid air case, but it does seem a bit boring to get a black case after finally getting a colourful phone for the first time in my life.

So I was looking at the official case but it seems a bit pricey for what it is...

I'm planning not to bother with a case mostly (again for the first time ever), but want one to pop it in for occasions where I think it might want a bit more protection.

Associate
Yep, and then 20 seconds later it's out of stock.

I can barely get through the basket process before it's removed as it's already out of stock. It's probably single cancellation that are snapped up by the first of the god knows how many people refreshing the page every few seconds.
Ahh I see. Well good luck getting one, maybe you can get lucky.

Soldato
The sunny eagle has landed. :D

uc

Soldato
Anyone else with a 27th delivery date but not yet dispatched please ?
Ordered on the 20th at 3:15pm and ordered the following
Pixel 6 Stormy Black 128GB (Unlocked)
Google 30W USB-C power adaptor x2
Pixel 6 Case Stormy Sky
Pixel 6 Kinda Coral 128 GB (unlocked)

I'm guessing an issue with one of the items ?

My light frost case might be it for me. A colleague has also ordered and had a despatch date for yesterday but no despatch email.

Soldato
I wont lie, the heft of the device took me a little by surprise. It's certainly a solid lump!

Looks nice but yeah... having held one in the flesh today (currys) its a solid pass from me. Shame as its clearly the best android phone on the market right now and a bit of a bargain.. just not for me!

Soldato
Just making the unboxing video and transferring files over. I wont lie, the heft of the device took me a little by surprise. It's certainly a solid lump!

Not heard much mention of the weight, so thanks for that.

Checking the specs the 6 is 207g, I had a Note 9 which was 201g so don't think it will be an issue for me.

Soldato
Does anyone have any issues with pixel 6 and Spigen glass protector? Can't get the fingerprint to work.
I've had issues with other phones with TG screen protectors not working right. I generally switch to a film one. As these phones have Gorilla Glass Victus on then all you really need to worry about is scratches rather than dropping your phone.

Back
Top Bottom