Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Yep, I've always preferred it on the back, works perfectly as my finger just naturally falls to that position when I pick up the phone. Then again some people moan about it being on the back as you can't unlock it when it's flat on a desk, so I think there are mixed views on this.

I'm finding it very reliable at reading my finger print so far, if a tad slow compared to my old physical one.
I'm one of the latter. :D

This would be an almost instant no with a rear fingerprint sensor.

Soldato
Not really a Pixel 6 specific question, but are there any known fixes for a WhatsApp restore from Google Drive getting stuck at 0%? I've reinstalled WhatsApp and tried to restore again but it didn't help.

I've had a look online and there are loads of references to the restore getting stuck at 24% or 100%, but not 0%.

Soldato
Very tempted to get a fitbag leather sleeve for this, had an ikonic edge sleeve back when I had my iPhone 3GS and loved it. Will also be on the lookout for a super slim shell style case but there doesn't seem to be much choice for these.

Associate
Mine from the Google Store has been delivery from the 27th since I ordered it. Still no shipping updates. Wonder if it will come today.

Associate
Not heard anything from Curry's since my initial confirmation of the p6 pro 256gb.

Their webchat says to just way for a delivery email but it's not looking that promising for "by the 28th"

Associate
Not really a Pixel 6 specific question, but are there any known fixes for a WhatsApp restore from Google Drive getting stuck at 0%? I've reinstalled WhatsApp and tried to restore again but it didn't help.

I've had a look online and there are loads of references to the restore getting stuck at 24% or 100%, but not 0%.

Do you still have the old phone? Copy over the database file and try a local restore.

Soldato
Mine from the Google Store has been delivery from the 27th since I ordered it. Still no shipping updates. Wonder if it will come today.

When did you order, and have you not had a dispatch email? If not i'd probably be chasing for an update, i doubt it's been shipped without a dispatch email, or a delivery notification email.

Associate
When did you order, and have you not had a dispatch email? If not i'd probably be chasing for an update, i doubt it's been shipped without a dispatch email, or a delivery notification email.
Just got one. Gone to tomorrow now. A bit disappointed as it said 26th when it ordered then went to 27th until 5 mins ago and now tomorrow. Oh well worse things happen at sea!

Soldato
So after almost a day of use the P6 is looking pretty good. However I'm getting these issues with the Always on Display:
  • Somtimes shows for an undetermined amount of time - then randomly stops showing
  • Sometimes doesn't show at all, but does show the gesture bar at the bottom of the screen (and only that)
  • Sometimes shows the fingerprint icon - but sometimes doesn't
Pretty odd. Is anyone else having the same issues?

Associate
I've tested charger. It only manages 19W as its not pps.

Even tested a 45w PPS charger and it managed 22W.

I bought the Anker 65 watt nano 2 gal charger. It is an amazing charger. Granted i also bought the matching cable from Anker also. but well worth the money. It wasn't much more money than the 45-watt version. A bit of future-proofing i thought. The cable you use with these new chargers matter also btw.

Back
Top Bottom