Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Yeah, brand new ones already dipping
I expect £100, there will be hundreds on ebay. If it's more I'll be happy.

Yeah when I'm factoring the cost I'd be happy if I clear £100 after postage, already dipping under £200 on eBay now and given the popularity of this deal there will be quite a supply of these on there soon.

True! 600 these days is midrange pricing weirdly.. go back a few years and you'd get flagships for that. Mad.

yeah but those flagships were 4" screens, 1 camera, 2000mah battery.

my hope is now that phones have pretty much hit that point where they just can't really get that much better, prices will start to become more sensible. before adding in multi touch was a feature worth paying extra for, HD screen etc, but they've reach that now. they can't get bigger, they can't fill the phone with more screen, the basis cameras can't get better either, just the 2nd/3rd ones with big zooms etc.

I expect £100, there will be hundreds on ebay. If it's more I'll be happy.

the QC35 from last year went for approx £150 - £180, and they were cheaper when new. I was expecting around £200 for these, and would be shocked if below £150

Soldato
I had OnePlus 7 pro, which I found to be quite heavy compared to my previous OnePlus 6. I got used to it eventually but at first it seemed unreasonably heavy for a phone.

Pixel 6 pro on the other hand felt lighter than oneplus 7 pro. But then I checked actual weight and it looks like pixel 6 Pro is actually a little bit heavier, 210 grams Vs 206, so go figure.

Soldato
yeah but those flagships were 4" screens, 1 camera, 2000mah battery.

my hope is now that phones have pretty much hit that point where they just can't really get that much better, prices will start to become more sensible. before adding in multi touch was a feature worth paying extra for, HD screen etc, but they've reach that now. they can't get bigger, they can't fill the phone with more screen, the basis cameras can't get better either, just the 2nd/3rd ones with big zooms etc.

Nah, we don't have to go back that far. I remember paying just over 600 for my S7 Edge which was top whack at the time. I couldn't believe how much I was paying and prices just kept rising. Hopefully they have hit a sort of ceiling now though.

Soldato
how are people finding the size and weight of the standard pixel 6?

I'm happy with it, though it's the same size and weight as my last phone. I think you quickly get used to a bigger phone anyway, and while I'm not going to question other people's preferences I don't quite get the problem with a phone being fairly weighty.

Soldato
It's heavy. Very heavy! But I'm coming from p5

Yeah, same impression here. Feels like it needs a lot more care in the hands - and definitely when trying to one-hand it.

Nah, we don't have to go back that far. I remember paying just over 600 for my S7 Edge which was top whack at the time. I couldn't believe how much I was paying and prices just kept rising. Hopefully they have hit a sort of ceiling now though.

Bang on. I also felt that way when I bought my S7 Edge. It was the ultimate flagship at the time - huge curved screen, really big battery, finger print sensor etc. There's an argument to be said that the specs of that time didn't cost as much as what we get today, but that invalidates the general decrease of the cost of technology over time. It's always most expensive when it's new (or there's some crazy chip shortage).

Soldato
I'm happy with it, though it's the same size and weight as my last phone. I think you quickly get used to a bigger phone anyway, and while I'm not going to question other people's preferences I don't quite get the problem with a phone being fairly weighty.

Not so much a problem here as much as an observation/change from previous phone. Going from p5 which is very compact, light and easy to handle to this reminded me what heavier/bigger phones are like. This isn't much different to my OnePlus 8t and I got on okay with it after I got used to the phone.

Back
Top Bottom