Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Associate
Still waiting for any update from Currys, their support agent politely told me to go away until tomorrow.

Chances that it'll actually be delivered tomorrow? I'm predicting no. Ordered 19/10 20:25.

Associate
I can't remember where I read it now but there should be a day one patch/update coming our way. 28th being the official release day would make me think that it'll be tomorrow. That is meant to improve the camera performance to reflect what reviews have been saying.

I got mine as soon as I turned the phone on (yesterday) which is what the articles say to expect. Certain things were missing until the updates were complete (icon theming, magic eraser and grid layout options spring to mind).

Soldato
So caved and placed an order for Pixel 6 before going to work earlier, actually looks like Pro model magically came back in stock now though!

Oh well, maybe a sign so I'll just see how I get on with that version. At least I've finally ordered a Pixel after all these years :D

Associate

Sorry, the reply is late. been busy with work.
No it's not that one. its the one below

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B091KQ39FM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And the matching cable

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B093GH41F1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did a lot of research about that charger. it is really important if you go for one of those new gan chargers you buy one of the newer cables. So i just bit the bullet and bought it at the same time.

The chargers are hard to get hold of in the UK. i had to watch it like a hawk. when i originally ordered my charger it had currently out of stock due back in 1-month delivery date, But i took a gamble and ordered it anyhow, it was back in stock within 3 days.

Yes, it was a lot of money granted. just under £70 for the both but they both should last a long time. Good named brand ect.

Soldato
I caved :cry:

Pixel 6 in Stormy Black ordered from Google Store. In the end the man maths won out; justified it as £240 for the upgrade from my Note 9 after selling the old phone, the headphones, and accounting for the Store credit. Given that phone no longer gets updates, and is kinda crappy on the photos front, it's a decent deal.

Last edited:
Soldato
Battery life seems to be similar if not a bit better than pixel 5.

Today, first full day:

5:40 SOT
33% LEFT
Estimated 10hrs left.

I'd expect 8 hr sot doable. Which is a lot.

Soldato
Yeah still think I should have went for Pro version to justify upgrading from Note 10+ 5G but even if I end up returning regular version I'll have a better idea if Pixel is a phone for me.

Soldato
Quite like themed icons but it's just some (not even all) google apps' icons. Seemingly no ETA on release date from beta and no timeframe for when or if developers will adapt their app icons to this design. Odd that google is advertising material you, which includes these icons but do not have this feature fully working on release date of both pixel and android 12. As it is right now it just looks silly with non-google icons.

Caporegime
Interesting to see that he had really average battery life! I don't know if me being on WiFi makes that huge if a difference but I couldn't kill mine today for e.g. and that is with 6:30 SOT and 29% left.
It's like every reviewer was sent a different version of the phone. Some reviewers loved the camera, others thought it was a mixed bag or poor. Some people loved the battery life, some thought it was poor. Some people loved the finger print sensor or had no issues, others said it didn't work well for them.

Going to be interesting reading this thread and Reddit over the next month or so to see what real world usage is like, especially once a few updates hit the phone.

Back
Top Bottom