Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
if they dont sort the finger print scanner usage with a tempered screen protector out before the 14th day ... mines going back as well.
It's rubbish with or without. Slowest and least accurate I've had for years. I am keeping mine but hoping they'll sort it out with software as that is the main con right now for me.

Associate
Most people seem to have an issue with the fingerprint sensor but mine's been absolutely fine. It's a touch slower than the pixel 5 but it hardly ever fails. I'd say it's at least 95% accurate. I've got a Spigen neoflex screen protector on and it seems odd that mine works so well when so many others are clearly having problems.

Soldato
I've been playing around with the Pro's camera at work today and am surprised at how good both the 4x optical zoom is as well as Motion mode.

Excuse the horizon not being quite straight (a pet hate of mine!)...

The original

kfinf0vl.jpg

Motion applied

CpD6y9Ml.jpg

Battery life isn't yet quite as good as I'd hoped for but this is the first full day I've used the phone.
Yes the FPS isn't the fastest, but having come from the OnePlus 6T, that was neither fast nor accurate and the Pixel has been spot on every time so far.

Associate
Most people seem to have an issue with the fingerprint sensor but mine's been absolutely fine. It's a touch slower than the pixel 5 but it hardly ever fails. I'd say it's at least 95% accurate. I've got a Spigen neoflex screen protector on and it seems odd that mine works so well when so many others are clearly having problems.

Well film screen protectors have more success than temper glassed ones. I got a feeling that it is the thickness of the glass ones are causing issues. I remember it was an issue with the Samsung S10 fingerprint scanner as well, but it got eventually sorted with a combination of software and the way the tempered glass protector is made.

Associate

I'm having zero issues with the fingerprint scanner, I'd assumed most people having problems were doing it like they showed in the Verge review and quickly stabbing it then complaining it doesn't work but that can't be true after so many have complained?

Soldato
I'm really liking the 6 pro. The only negative I have really is with the weight. It's damn heavy. Fingerprint works well for me......weirdly it says face or fingerprint?

Soldato
No issues with finger print scanner for me. I have no sympathy for those that insists on sticking a cheap bit of plastic over a beautifully crafted screen :D

Live a little ! Pixels have bugger all resale value in 12 months anyway :D

Associate
Likewise no problems with the fingerprint scanner.

I got the dual sim working today with no issues moving my O2 sim to the primary esim and adding my work sim as the second physical sim. Overall really pleased with the P6 - a bit of muscle memory required coming from a Samsung, but no complaints so far.

Man of Honour
I'm really liking the 6 pro. The only negative I have really is with the weight. It's damn heavy. Fingerprint works well for me......weirdly it says face or fingerprint?
The wording is down to the app dev I think as my NatWest app says the same but everything else only mentions finger print.

Soldato
I don't mind slow ... I want it to work at least close to 100% accuracy. At the moment my hit rate is about less than 10%

That's gotta be user error. When you recorded the fingerprint, you gave it good coverage of different angles? It sounds like this is likely the problem, if you place your fingerprint 10 times in the exact same position, then that's the exact position you'll need to use when unlocking.

Soldato
My FPS has been so bad today at work, I am wondering if I should just send it back. Sometimes 5 or 6 attempts. I think it might be my thumb though, I switch to a finger and it would unlock. I re-do my thumb, still not working well.

Of course I try it now and it's unlocking every time.

Soldato
That's gotta be user error. When you recorded the fingerprint, you gave it good coverage of different angles? It sounds like this is likely the problem, if you place your fingerprint 10 times in the exact same position, then that's the exact position you'll need to use when unlocking.

For how many years have we been doing FPS now. I would find it hard to believe all of us don't know this already...

Man of Honour
For how many years have we been doing FPS now. I would find it hard to believe all of us don't know this already...
It's either that or there's a batch of dodgy sensors because many of us are finding it absolutely fine and nothing like the car crash other users are experiencing.

Back
Top Bottom