Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Associate
How easy are skins to fit? Not something I'm lookin to do right now but have never tried them and may fancy a change in the future. I've looked at dbrand before but the price has always put me off, but these seem very reasonable. Are they durable, and easy to remove if you change your mind?
These were pretty easy to fit. You can unstick and restick a few times to get the placement right and the adhesive holds up no problem. You just need to make sure you have a hairdryer or heat gun to ease it around the curved corners.

I had a skin on my iPhone 4 for almost 2 years and it held up very well, but that phone was a plethora of flat surfaces so suited a skin very well. I've not had a skin on a phone since then so we'll have to see how this copes. You can just rip it off to remove it and it doesn't leave any residue or anything. The fit on these skins was really, really good. Better than dbrand skins I've used in the past.

Associate
Did they require more info?

Nope, no further info needed. Received a text and email out of the blue saying it was approved. Not sure what the hold up was, but it seems some claims are being approved instantaneously, while others are being manually checked for some reason.

Soldato
I grabbed a clear gloss one from XtremeSkins to protect the back of the phone in the case and stop random bits of grit scratching it up.

Arrived quickly, I got two sets of skins in the package too! easy enough to install - just gotta make sure you've got plenty of the liquid on the phone and your hands are super clean.

Soldato
Not that difficult really but I found both dbrand and others to not be perfect fit so you always end up having one edge that is sticking out getting caught on everything, that then starts to peeling away and you just rip it off. They don't leave any residue and take seconds to remove.

These were pretty easy to fit. You can unstick and restick a few times to get the placement right and the adhesive holds up no problem. You just need to make sure you have a hairdryer or heat gun to ease it around the curved corners.

I had a skin on my iPhone 4 for almost 2 years and it held up very well, but that phone was a plethora of flat surfaces so suited a skin very well. I've not had a skin on a phone since then so we'll have to see how this copes. You can just rip it off to remove it and it doesn't leave any residue or anything. The fit on these skins was really, really good. Better than dbrand skins I've used in the past.

Thank you both, that's really helpful.

Soldato
I'm having some issues with my work WiFi settings. Previously, I could select "do not validate" when it asked for a CA Certificate but with this phone I don't have the option. How can I get signed in without a certificate?

Associate
I'm having some issues with my work WiFi settings. Previously, I could select "do not validate" when it asked for a CA Certificate but with this phone I don't have the option. How can I get signed in without a certificate?

We have a similar setup at work, we need to select "use system certificates" and then enter the domain name.

Soldato

If you are using your own username and password for WiFi sign-in then you might want to suggest to your IT department that they investigate how easy it is to brute force people's credentials over wifi. The CA certificate can be exported from your work computer easily from certificate manager (if you can open it) and copied to your phone to validate your works server and stop your phone leaking your credentials to malicious access points.

Soldato
The hate towards finger print scanner is slowly building up. 4-6 attempts seems to be the norm. I'll either return it or sell it if they don't fix it with a software update soon. I hate things like that and it's a deal breaker.

Associate
My FP sensor has been great since I removed the glass screen protector and ran it without. Installed a mediadevil plastic protector today and it's faultless.

Soldato
My FP sensor has been great since I removed the glass screen protector and ran it without. Installed a mediadevil plastic protector today and it's faultless.
No protector here, readded fingers a few times, tried multiple of the same finger.. basically every documented trick in the book and it's still pants. And it's not something that you rarely use, this is something that's there right in front of me and constantly failing.

Back
Top Bottom