Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Has anyone had problems with their Pixel 6 dropping 4/5g connection in areas their previous phone was solid?

My phone constantly drops to H+ and it's infuriating.

There is a huge Reddit thread on the subject, on the general consensus seems to be pointing towards the modem. Apparently the more them is a rebranded version of a rubbish Samsung one.

Soldato
Has anyone had problems with their Pixel 6 dropping 4/5g connection in areas their previous phone was solid?

My phone constantly drops to H+ and it's infuriating.

There is a huge Reddit thread on the subject, on the general consensus seems to be pointing towards the modem. Apparently the more them is a rebranded version of a rubbish Samsung one.

Yes, its pretty poor, i have a poco f3, i get much better speeds and signal on it with an EE sim than the 6 where i am.

At my girlfriends it struggles to get 5G , Poco F3 no problem.

https://9to5google.com/2021/11/17/pixel-6-modem-analysis/

Soldato
I'm noticing sometimes when moving between masts it loses connection for a split second. Bad time to play Clash Royale :p. I would've thought it would be better considering all Samsung phones in the UK uses Samsung's modem.

Another odd thing the Speedtest.net app picks up the 5G signal as LTE, no idea if it's due to BT/EE not having standalone 5G yet or a limitation with BT itself.

Soldato
Yes, its pretty poor, i have a poco f3, i get much better speeds and signal on it with an EE sim than the 6 where i am.

At my girlfriends it struggles to get 5G , Poco F3 no problem.

https://9to5google.com/2021/11/17/pixel-6-modem-analysis/

I have both phones in the same location and my pixel is really poor at maintaining a connection compared to my Huawei, considering sending the pixel back or asking for a replacement handset.

Back
Top Bottom