Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Do most Android phones these days rely on a side swipe to go back? I upgraded from a Huawei P20 to a Pixel 6, and I'm missing the P20s physical back button!

Primarily I find myself deleting e-mails in gmail when trying to go back (by swiping) or when trying to crop pictures to send via WhatsApp exiting out the menu because I've swiped!

It's beginning to become annoying, and this faster phone is proving slower in reality because of this UI for me!

Soldato
Do most Android phones these days rely on a side swipe to go back? I upgraded from a Huawei P20 to a Pixel 6, and I'm missing the P20s physical back button!

Primarily I find myself deleting e-mails in gmail when trying to go back (by swiping) or when trying to crop pictures to send via WhatsApp exiting out the menu because I've swiped!

It's beginning to become annoying, and this faster phone is proving slower in reality because of this UI for me!

Settings - System - Gestures - System Navigation

Soldato
Got my headphones today, went to put them on ebay... literally dozens and dozens of them on there! :D

I wonder if they're worth keeping? £150ish wouldn't be so bad before Christmas though.
I'm keeping mine, they sound good and really nice to have in the office and loud environments. Tried it yesterday and they're great

Man of Honour
Stuck mine on the MM but to be honest for the money I'll end up getting i might just keep them and use them for work calls and music while I'm working.

Soldato
Thing is I have a nice pair of sennheiser headphones already which are perfect - don't really think it's worth having a second pair?

They do look pretty decent though.
Ah yeah if you've got a decent pair already then get rid. Could make a good Xmas present. Only con is the microphone.. sounds like I've got a bucket over my head

Soldato
I'm still in two minds but think I'll likely keep mine. I only really use headphones for commuting on the bus and have always gone for the in ear type as it's easy to chuck them in a pocket, but now I have to carry a laptop to the work I can just sling them in the same bag. I might enjoy some decent headphones for once, and guessing the noise cancelling with be a decent benefit on a bus.

Soldato
I would have a look at some reviews. I've had no complaints from last year's ones.

Going by someone's laptop teams call is not best judge could be a million things
You're right but I guess it's the difference between my other headset compared to this..the other was a hyper X gaming headset. Could well be windows handling the mic incorrectly.. but I can see even from above review what they mean by "bucket" over head comments :D

Soldato
You're right but I guess it's the difference between my other headset compared to this..the other was a hyper X gaming headset. Could well be windows handling the mic incorrectly.. but I can see even from above review what they mean by "bucket" over head comments :D

they will give you ear ache as well after a while, i mix it up between jabra, pixel buds and bose

Soldato
Windows 10 on a teams call people were struggling to hear me :/ bit disappointing to say the least as they're very comfy and sound decent.

Strange cos I heard really good things about the microphones and voice call performance. The Verge in their review said they're the best headphones for voice calls.

Soldato
Strange cos I heard really good things about the microphones and voice call performance. The Verge in their review said they're the best headphones for voice calls.
Makes me wonder what is up with mine then... must be some configuration/compatibility with windows then! Haven't tried voice call over phone yet so no idea if it's any better

Man of Honour
From a quick Google the reviews for call use aren't great especially if you've got a deeper voice so I probably won't risk opening them up and just wait for the jabra things we're being issued.

Back
Top Bottom