Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
It also sounds slow. 1h20 mins to do a 40% charge. Looking back at my last full charge history I've done 20-100% in 1h40m.

Pixel charges slow after 50% and slows down to snails pace after 90%. Full charge takes about 2hrs. 0 to 50 is about half hour.

It's been well documented that the Pixel 6 charging system is sub par.

Soldato
Pixel charges slow after 50% and slows down to snails pace after 90%. Full charge takes about 2hrs. 0 to 50 is about half hour.

That makes sense though, in most scenarios the 90-100% charge will occur whilst you're asleep. To preserve the life of the cells most top manufacturers have some form of smart charging where they essentially go into very low trickle until close to when you'd typically unplug the phone.

Soldato
That makes sense though, in most scenarios the 90-100% charge will occur whilst you're asleep. To preserve the life of the cells most top manufacturers have some form of smart charging where they essentially go into very low trickle until close to when you'd typically unplug the phone.

The last 10% is fine @ slow charge. That's not what is being disputed. The rest of the charge is too slow as quoted below compared to the competition. S21u for comparison.

Furthermore, 22W isn’t far shy of the 5,000mAh Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra‘s 25W charging capabilities, which can be filled up in a little over an hour with the right charger. So why the huge discrepancy?

As mentioned, the Pixel 6 Pro tops out at 22W of power, far below the maximum charging potential offered by the adapter itself (as we’ll see in the next section). This peak power draw is sustained until 50% charge, which takes about 31 minutes, virtually as advertised. However, after that initial period of faster charging, power sent to the phone falls to 15W at around 62% battery capacity or around 40 minutes. This remains steady until falling further to just 12W by 75% capacity, which takes around 53 minutes to hit. From there the power holds steady once more until 85% charge is obtained at around the 63-minute mark, after which power gradually falls to as little as 2.5W by the time the battery is full.

https://www.androidauthority.com/google-pixel-6-charging-test-3051231/

Associate
Shame it doesn't work in FB messenger (or I couldn't get it to work).
What language were you trying to use? As not all of them have been updated for live translate yet it is only available for a handful of languages. I believe If you go into the live translate settings and select the language you wanted translating it should tell you whether it can translate messages or not

Caporegime
What language were you trying to use? As not all of them have been updated for live translate yet it is only available for a handful of languages. I believe If you go into the live translate settings and select the language you wanted translating it should tell you whether it can translate messages or not

I tried Danish, but it just comes through as Danish.

OK, makes sense. Danish isn't available on text format. Didn't realise as only tried danish

Soldato
Looks like they are now giving Pixel buds with 6 orders on the Google store, should see a nice discounts on those getting resold ;)

Soldato
Reviews do look good but I'm sorted on that front and in all fairness to Samsung, they have massively stepped up their game since TouchWiz days :D

Associate
What's the deal with the headphone claims?? Mine was approved 4th November but nothing yet. Meanwhile a few friends had their claims approved several days after mine and have all received theirs :(
Seems a couple of us from the 5th are still waiting. Makes me feel better that others are waiting. Maybe if it passes 60 days we'll get the qc45 and credit eh ;)

Soldato

Ah that's good, at least I look to be getting what I should. I probably could do we running the battery down further as a better test, it did seem quick initially, it was that last 10% that was the killer.

I doubt I'll use the new charger much anyway (another reason I didn't want to pay £25 for the official one), I chuck it on a slow wireless at work and the same at home. Just wanted something to charge it quickly on that odd occasion where I do let it run down, or for travelling.

Soldato
Pixel Stand ordered. I feel a bit daft spending £70 on a wireless charging stand, but the other stuff I want from Google Store is so much cheaper elsewhere that it wipes out most (or even all) of the voucher value.

At least it comes with the 30W charging brick...

Soldato
Pixel Stand ordered. I feel a bit daft spending £70 on a wireless charging stand, but the other stuff I want from Google Store is so much cheaper elsewhere that it wipes out most (or even all) of the voucher value.

At least it comes with the 30W charging brick...

had mine since pixel 2 or 3 ? so been a good desk investment over the years. i do want to get the new one at some point

Back
Top Bottom