Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I'm honestly not sure how you're doing it. I gave 'the middle' as an extreme example. I think I can drag from 5/6's of the way over and it's still fine. I believe you're literally dragging from the edge and then yes of course... it will get confused with a drag from the edge to go back...

I'm not saying I don't ever do something like this, but when I do I usually realise and glide my thumb back over and release. I also then don't blame the UI, I realise I just had my thumb too close to the edge :)

I did a bit of a search for how big the gesture zone is and found this -

XD79lne.png

Honestly, come on. Surely those are tiny and if you're scrolling but start that far to the edge of the screen, it's not a UI issue?!

It's quite interesting actually. On the page that has that image there is some discussion that apps can exclude a portion of the edge from being 'back' so they can use it for their apps, but it cannot be taller than 200dp.

Wow I never kenw there was a home gesture area (serious) - thanks!

anyone else ordered the wireless pixel charger? £70 seems a bit of a bump but thought I might as well with my £60 store credit.

Soldato
Dial *#*#4636#*#* which will bring up a secret menu, go to Phone information and under "Set preferred network type" to LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM/WCDMA. Default is NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA if you want to change back.

This has worked an absolute treat for me. I've had nothing but problems with my 4 and 5g dropping and sending me to a H+ signal. After I've did this it hasn't dropped once on me.

Soldato
Swapped my Spigen Thin Fit case with a cheap TPU case, and I'm no longer getting touch screen problems. The side edges on the Spigen when I placed my thumb on the edge sometimes made contact with the screen, making the phone think I was making contact there. It's also no longer in the way, so doing the back gestures with lowered sensitivity is no longer an issue.

Associate
No update here yet either. I was just ordering some more cases on aliexpress and on the cases I have ordered they now have extra options "Pixel 6XL and Pixel 6A" along with Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro. Interesting....

Soldato
The message from Google JP support that the update was out today was removed. It was never officially confirmed in official channels that it would be out apart from their blog message mention later part of this month.

Soldato
The message from Google JP support that the update was out today was removed. It was never officially confirmed in official channels that it would be out apart from their blog message mention later part of this month.

Back
Top Bottom