Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Update done. Noticed it was trying to download the Google Play December patch too but that was failing, so leaving that for now.

First thing I noticed is in games the little overlay tab can now be dragged to where the camera is, so it's finally out of the way. Although popping it out and back in moves it down again...

Associate
Finished downloading and first thing I noticed was how damn fast the finger print reader is now.

Edit. This may be a placebo effect, but does anyone else think their phone has gotten a lot faster and snappier since the update? I just went to open settings and it felt like it opened instantly rather than a slightly delay like normal. Even scrolling seems smoother for some reason. I'm not sure if this is just me or whether it's the update

Associate
Well my FPS unlocks with any fingerprint now included the 6 fingers I have not registered with the device:confused::eek:. I registered my two thumbs and two index fingers. But any finger now unlocks the phone. I'd test the good lady and two kids if they were awake :D

Edit. NM/ it was smartlock..Still asking for fingerprint but allowing any fingerprint to unlock phone. Turned off smart lock and only my registered finger prints worked. That is still daft imo.

Last edited:
Associate
Finally got the update installed, took over an hour. The fingerprint reader, which to be honest had been working really well for me even with a tempered glass screen protector, works perfectly.
I had the spigen one originally and the reader didn't work so took it off and replaced it with another make. Just curious if anyone still had the spigen one on and does it now work. Interesting to see if the software update allows this one to work or was the design at fault. Cheers.
P.s. i find that this fingerprint reader works way better than the power button one on my previous s10e.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got the install last night. Tested the FPS and it worked 10/10 times which is better. It's no quicker but it seems more accurate. The real test will be when I'm unlocking at work as my hands are always greasy as I run a chippy.

Soldato
Bugs I've noticed so far that are fixed:
  • AOD works properly with the animation scale set at .5. This means that I can now actually use that setting which makes the phone feel much faster! Hooray!
  • AOD switches on again when going from 100% darkness to some light level (ie taking the phone out of a pocket)
  • FP sensor is more consistent

Soldato
Bugs I've noticed so far that are fixed:
  • AOD works properly with the animation scale set at .5. This means that I can now actually use that setting which makes the phone feel much faster! Hooray!
  • AOD switches on again when going from 100% darkness to some light level (ie taking the phone out of a pocket)
  • FP sensor is more consistent

How did you change the animation setting? I can't see it in settings..

Soldato
How did you change the animation setting? I can't see it in settings..

Enable developer options, then go into the menu and scroll down to 'Drawing'. I find setting the three animation scales to .5 makes the phone really snappy.

Been doing this for years so was really thrown off when the AOD in the original Android 12 release was broken; took some time to realise it due to these settings, which are now fixed.

Associate
Anyone else not actually received the update yet?

Standard Pixel 6 bought from the Google store and I've restarted etc and manually searched for the update but nothing yet ☹️

Back
Top Bottom