Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Associate
No issues with dropouts or signal quality on EE. My bars are full sat at work in the same spot for brekkie when I normally have half. Could be anything though.

I cannot believe they have not fixed the favourites in the phone dialer moving around yet, so annoying.

Soldato
Have you checked with others regarding their reception?

There may be an assumption that the phone is at fault when it could be a network issue especially if the issue has "got worse" in a small area within a limited timescale i e. Who's to say that your network (Charlie) hasn't had issues since 1800 and you're assuming it's the phone or that the cell tower nearest your gym (grudas) is not having issues at the specific time you were there?
I popped the SIM in my pixel 5 and that was full, pixel 6 was at 2 bars for e.g.

It's widely reported, quite a few posts on Reddit and Google forums..

Soldato
I've got an iPhone SE here sat next to my Pixel 6. Both phones are on o2. I am in a reasonable area for signal but not the best.

I tested them a few times earlier using the Fast.com speedtest:
  • iPhone shows '4g' in the status bar (2/4 bars). Completes the test without too much trouble and returns 6mbps down.
  • Pixel says 'H+' in the status bar (weak signal). Times out and says "could not reach the servers to perform the test".
There's definitely something not great about the P6's cellular reception.

Man of Honour
My pixel wireless charger arrived today.
RM dropped mine off this morning, I really wanted to use the credit on a Fitbit for the little ones Christmas but it took them so long to fix an issue stopping me spending it that they'd sold out so I went back to my original idea of the stand.

Not sure it'll ever really get used though :o

Soldato
I popped the SIM in my pixel 5 and that was full, pixel 6 was at 2 bars for e.g.

It's widely reported, quite a few posts on Reddit and Google forums..

Fair enough. You've tested on another device and it's better... Can't really assume it's the network. The only other thing to do is do the same test in a completely different area but that's just diag procedures

Associate
Just lifted my phone and on the lock screen there is a Philippines weather warning which is nice to know but not really of much use as i am sitting in Scotland. Strange.

Soldato
Just lifted my phone and on the lock screen there is a Philippines weather warning which is nice to know but not really of much use as i am sitting in Scotland. Strange.

Same here. I was so confused. Did not realise the UK was part of the Philippines :p.

EDIT: Not a Pixel bug, seems to be happening to other phones too around the world: https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/rgyv07/public_storm_warning_pagasa/

So according to Google the whole world is part of Philippines :eek:.

Soldato
I've got an iPhone SE here sat next to my Pixel 6. Both phones are on o2. I am in a reasonable area for signal but not the best.

I tested them a few times earlier using the Fast.com speedtest:
  • iPhone shows '4g' in the status bar (2/4 bars). Completes the test without too much trouble and returns 6mbps down.
  • Pixel says 'H+' in the status bar (weak signal). Times out and says "could not reach the servers to perform the test".
There's definitely something not great about the P6's cellular reception.

Looks like this might be a 'bonus' of the December update :D

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/210484323

Associate
Regarding the Philippines weather warning appearing on lock screen. If you click and hold the home screen and select home settings then select At a glance, you can either click on this and turn off weather warnings or click on the cog wheel and select various options to show. Our weather in Scotland can be rubbish but i am going to risk it and turn off the severe weather alerts, can't help but feel sorry for the poor Philippines though.

Back
Top Bottom