Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Coming from the 7T Pro, it still feels better than the mess OOS11 was, mainly notifications being on time. As long as they can sort out the signal issues it's a solid upgrade from the 7 Pro.

Mine has been fine overall and the signal issues I have was not an actual loss of signal, but 5G dropping and not falling back to 4G immediately until a few seconds after. Forcing 4G has solved this but feels wasted not being able to take advantage of 5G.

Thanks for that. I'll keep the pixel 6 Pro in mind. If the issues get fixed and a good deal comes up I might spring for one. The auto brightness on my 7 pro has been driving me mad since updating to android 11.

Associate
There must be a pattern for this signal issues? My sim plan is 4g only and not had any problems.

Is it 5g users that are effected ?

5G EE and fine here.

is it the standard 6 that are having the problems or the Pros's or a mixture of both ?

Both phones. Google have been pushing a test version of the operator settings (so carrier dependent) to some devices.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm on o2. No 5g at home, just 4g. Have mentioned earlier in the thread my P6 struggles to hold on to signal where my work iPhone has no issues. Same location, right next to each other.

Soldato
5G BT Mobile, it's only when I move between masts that the 5G disappears even though the signal bar is fairly strong. I've nailed it down to the masts being fairly far away from each other (enough for 4G to still be seamless, but not for 5G), in central London where there's better coverage I have no issues.

Associate
So now a few months after the Pixel 6 Pro has been out what is the best option for a screen protector?

I have been using the TOCOL ones from Amazon and in general they have been fine but they start to peel after awhile because of the curved screen I think.

Back
Top Bottom