Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
that reception fix can't come sooner...

i started to think that my battery started to go quicker as well... and its only been few months since release...

I think the batteries are getting sapped faster because the phone is constantly struggling to try and source reception when it drops 4/5g. It's really taxing on battery usage I have noticed this too.

Soldato
google is in no rush to fix this are they.

mine has been in the box since mid December. Waiting for them to fix it and it'll go on eBay. Don't want to sell a phone that has no reception to some unlucky sod.

Soldato
google is in no rush to fix this are they.

mine has been in the box since mid December. Waiting for them to fix it and it'll go on eBay. Don't want to sell a phone that has no reception to some unlucky sod.

It's really frustrating. Granted, I would rather they took the time to get it right, but I think they really dropped the ball with this one.

Foolishly I went back to the 6 in anticipation of the signal fix and discovered a new bug - casting YouTube to my GoogleTV Chomecast only works fine for a few minutes and then fails. It's as if I hit the cast button to disconnect. Oh dear...

Soldato
It's really frustrating. Granted, I would rather they took the time to get it right, but I think they really dropped the ball with this one.

Foolishly I went back to the 6 in anticipation of the signal fix and discovered a new bug - casting YouTube to my GoogleTV Chomecast only works fine for a few minutes and then fails. It's as if I hit the cast button to disconnect. Oh dear...
IMO this issue should’ve been high priority and fix pushed on its own. Waiting yet another month for a patch is ridiculous.

Soldato
Maybe they don't think it's a big issue, only seems to effect a handful of people so might be down to certain carriers or bands

When competition is this fierce you take don't a chance on fundamentals. Google as usual dropped the ball here.

Reports of signal issues is widespread enough to take action.

Associate
Fully agreed, the more I use this phone the more bugs I find and ask myself why I should compromise.

1. Since network issue I have had to turn off 5g otherwise I kept losing signal, this now works without issue but why should I have to compromise.

2. Bluetooth issues with music stuttering, apparently this is an Android 12 issue, I have Sony Mx1000 in ear headphones. No issues with the S21 ultra with these headphones so pixel specific.

3. Google photos widget now crashes out with unknown error, only started a couple of days ago and once again Pixel specific.

4. Lots of other Google apps had issues but these have since been fixed.

5. Fingerprint reader is bad, even the one plus 7 pro with optical is far better, the 21 Ultra is in another league with the ultrasonic version.

I just don't get it, they are slow to get big fixes out and their own apps have issues on their own phones, this should be the best Android experience. I hope the fix comes soon.

I'm really starting to think about trying an iPhone 13, s22 ultra may be worth a look as the rumour is they will all use the SD chips this year.

Soldato
Fully agreed, the more I use this phone the more bugs I find and ask myself why I should compromise.

1. Since network issue I have had to turn off 5g otherwise I kept losing signal, this now works without issue but why should I have to compromise.

2. Bluetooth issues with music stuttering, apparently this is an Android 12 issue, I have Sony Mx1000 in ear headphones. No issues with the S21 ultra with these headphones so pixel specific.

3. Google photos widget now crashes out with unknown error, only started a couple of days ago and once again Pixel specific.

4. Lots of other Google apps had issues but these have since been fixed.

5. Fingerprint reader is bad, even the one plus 7 pro with optical is far better, the 21 Ultra is in another league with the ultrasonic version.

I just don't get it, they are slow to get big fixes out and their own apps have issues on their own phones, this should be the best Android experience. I hope the fix comes soon.

I'm really starting to think about trying an iPhone 13, s22 ultra may be worth a look as the rumour is they will all use the SD chips this year.
Guess what I did. Went to apple after many many years of android. iOS is not as polished as people claim and has a lot of weird bugs etc but pixel 6 is a very bad representation of android right now. My 5 was much better.

Associate
Guess what I did. Went to apple after many many years of android. iOS is not as polished as people claim and has a lot of weird bugs etc but pixel 6 is a very bad representation of android right now. My 5 was much better.

You liking it also far or regretting ?

Google have released a ton of updates over the last 24 hours including carrier services (believed to be what has the fixes for mobile reception) , the Google photos issues with the widget is also fixed now.

Hopefully this means they are getting serious with it now the Xmas period is over

Soldato
You liking it also far or regretting ?

Google have released a ton of updates over the last 24 hours including carrier services (believed to be what has the fixes for mobile reception) , the Google photos issues with the widget is also fixed now.

Hopefully this means they are getting serious with it now the Xmas period is over
Got used to it. It’s still a bit clunky in some areas. For e.g. notifications are years behind android and keyboard is a bit meh.

the rest is ok and it does work better than pixel 6 did. You do have some odd bugs here and there but nothing that requires you to put the phone back in the box and forget about it until it’s fixed like I had to do with p6.

Soldato
MKB QUOTE

My Pixel 6 Pro has slowly gotten so buggy since launch in October that I can no longer recommend it at $900. Combined with the latest botched update it's just been a bad experience. My SIM is back in an S21 Ultra til the next review.

Caporegime
I did the same as grudas and jumped ship after changing my mind multiple times over the last few months. Nothing really pulled me over to an iPhone, I felt pushed by Google after numerous hardware and software issues with their products over the last few months.

iPhone's definitely aren't worth the money imo, the apps I use all look and feel the same as they did on Android and I'm really not impressed with the low light photography performance but now it's set up how I want, I'm not finding the user experience very different from Android at all. It did however function as intended out of the box on day one.

I really hope Google get their act together rather than abandon the Pixel because stock Android is the only Android experience worth having imo.

Soldato
I did the same as grudas and jumped ship after changing my mind multiple times over the last few months. Nothing really pulled me over to an iPhone, I felt pushed by Google after numerous hardware and software issues with their products over the last few months.

iPhone's definitely aren't worth the money imo, the apps I use all look and feel the same as they did on Android and I'm really not impressed with the low light photography performance but now it's set up how I want, I'm not finding the user experience very different from Android at all. It did however function as intended out of the box on day one.

I really hope Google get their act together rather than abandon the Pixel because stock Android is the only Android experience worth having imo.

I am hoping to move back to stock android but buying another google phone will be very difficult! I'll stick with iOS for now as it seems to work and that's all I want. iPhone really is expensive AF but I'm impressed with battery life and camera performance, videos are insane for e.g.!

pixel is great at photography and much better at videos than it ever was.

Soldato
Does the S21 suffer from the same issues? From a quick search the P6 uses the same modem as the Exynos version of the S21. Either it's Google and Samsung still ironing out the bugs with A12 compatibility or something else.

I haven't had any issues when I disabled 5G, coverage has been about the same as my previous Qualcomm phones. I'm on BT/EE though, I have seen Vodafone users being one group of people with signal problems.

The only other manufacturer that's close to stock that comes to mind is Sony. Too bad their phones are usually expensive compared to the competition though.

Soldato
Does the S21 suffer from the same issues? From a quick search the P6 uses the same modem as the Exynos version of the S21. Either it's Google and Samsung still ironing out the bugs with A12 compatibility or something else.

I haven't had any issues when I disabled 5G, coverage has been about the same as my previous Qualcomm phones. I'm on BT/EE though, I have seen Vodafone users being one group of people with signal problems.

The only other manufacturer that's close to stock that comes to mind is Sony. Too bad their phones are usually expensive compared to the competition though.
Possibly because a lot of users got the Vodafone deal.

I got mines from Currys simfree and added a Vodafone esim and have no issues.

Back
Top Bottom