Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I really hope Google get their act together rather than abandon the Pixel because stock Android is the only Android experience worth having imo.

Totally agree with this. Its either Pixel or iPhone for me and right now unless there is a version of the Pixel 7 that resembles my current Pixel 5 then I'll be jumping ship this winter... or eeking out another year with the Pixel 5!!

Soldato
I see it's not just me around these forums starting to have dark thoughts and trying iPhone for the first time in my life, still hoping things get ironed out soon so might be tempted by 6 Pro again.

Associate
I hope it's not hardware but I'm starting to think Google have pooled together lots of mid range bits with the Intention of optimising the software in the hope it runs like Apple.

The modem is flawed though, apparently it's an older less efficient version from 2020 or something, why they didn't go Ultrasonic on the fingerprint reader who's knows.

MKBHD giving a damming report is not good for Google, he's always been a big supporter of Pixels, he has a huge following.

When I used my s21 ultra is feels premium , I don't get that same feeling with the Pixel 6 Pro. It feels more like my one plus 7 pro from years back.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I still don't forgive Google for omitting face unlock. Plums.

Especially when the fps is average.
100% this.

I'm starting to feel like I'm the only person who's happy with their 6 pro! I literally have no issues, can't fault it at all.
To be fair aside from the above, I've not had any issues either. But my God does the FPS make me rage sometimes.

Soldato
I'm mostly happy with mine, it's mostly 5G not being reliable half the time and properly dropping to 4G when moving about. There's some little niggles with A12 itself but they're small enough to not bother me.

Might be because I had the OP7TPro before with a similar sensor but I've had no issues with the FPS.

Soldato
A bug i've encountered only recently after pairing my Bose BT headphones to it. When i get a WhatsApp notification, the sound is stuck in a continuous loop. Even when i disconnect the headphones the notification sound continues on the phone speakers. End up needing to reset it.

Anyone else able to verify if they see the same issue?

I do have custom WhatsApp notifications (a different sound for contacts), so i'm wondering it that might be the bit that's bugged.

FWIW with no headphones connected, the notification sound works correctly (2/3 rings and stops).

I might also try a different BT device and see if the same issue persists.

Soldato
With all these bugs, would Google refund even if you have had it more than 2 weeks?

Someone on Reddit tried it with Google's famously unhelpful customer support. Google said "there will be a software update" and refused to issue a replacement device. They also wouldn't say when the software update was due.

Soldato
I can tell you for sure that this is the last Google device I buy on release. Might buy one months later depending on feedback from people who own it. Like I did with pixel 5. My chrome cast is also laggy, my Google home speaker was meh and replaced with Amazon echo which poops all over it and actually hears me without shouting at it.

Soldato
I still don't forgive Google for omitting face unlock. Plums.

That's one of the reasons why I left the Android ecosystem once the P5 was announced as face unlock adoption was very poor amongst the app developers. I would like to return in future but it won't happen with debacles such as the P5 (inferior to the P4XL) and now the problems with the P6.

Soldato
That's one of the reasons why I left the Android ecosystem once the P5 was announced as face unlock adoption was very poor amongst the app developers. I would like to return in future but it won't happen with debacles such as the P5 (inferior to the P4XL) and now the problems with the P6.

Just to be clear I'm not bothered about IR face unlock. For me it's not worth the notch and physical space it takes.

I just want the more basic camera based face unlock. I'm happy enough with that level of security for unlocking the phone. Not for banking apps etc, where I'd rely on the Fingerprint.

Back
Top Bottom