Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Same here, 41.25mb on my Pro, coming from the Dec update.

The Dec to Jan update seems to be around 40MB whereas, if you are going.from Nov to Jan, it's around 215MB

The only issue I had with the phone (and hoping now fixed) was the auto-rotate/tap back sensor stopping after an undetermined time until reboot (could stop after hours or perhaps a couple of days)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Pixel 6/Pro January patch

• Framework:
    • Fix for issue causing screen to unlock after missed call when no screen lock is set.
  • Network & Telephony:
    • General fixes & improvements for network
    • Fix for issue preventing emergency calls in certain conditions while some third-party apps are installed.
  • Power:
    • Fix for issue preventing Pixel Stand setup to start after updating apps in certain conditions.
  • System:
    • Fix for issue causing incorrect data usage accounting in Network menu on some networks.
  • User Interface:
    • Fix for issue causing a black frame to appear when dismissing the Assistant overlay on the lock screen
    • Fix for issue causing memory leak in system UI under certain conditions.
    • Fix for issue causing navigation bar to be hidden when switching device orientation in certain conditions.
    • Fix for issue causing PIP window to render incorrectly for certain apps.
  • Wi-Fi:
    • Fix for issue causing Wi-Fi network to drop connection in certain conditions.

The hopes and dreams of P6 users:

General fixes & improvements for network

This has more Pixel 6 specific detail.
https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/143968432/google-pixel-update-january-2022?hl=en

This being of most interest.
Network & Telephony
  • Improvements for data connectivity on certain networks and conditions *[3].
  • Fix for issue preventing use of Call Screen feature on certain networks *[3].
  • Fix for issue preventing emergency calls in certain conditions while some third-party apps are installed *[4].

Soldato
First thing I've noticed, they seemed to have fixed the bug where the phone randomly manually locks after a certain time and asks for my PIN instead due to smart lock. It now properly asks for my FP.

Soldato
First thing I've noticed, they seemed to have fixed the bug where the phone randomly manually locks after a certain time and asks for my PIN instead due to smart lock. It now properly asks for my FP.
Had that as 2ell... annoying...

Last few days I was experiencing no rotate bug ... Hope that's fixed as well... And the blood reception...

Soldato
Took roughly 90 minutes to install, but I finally have a signal in my house again!

Good to hear.

I know people think Google took ages to get this update out but then if they rushed it out and it didn't fix the problem it would have been even worse for them... Damned if they do damned if they don't springs to mind.

I think it's also worth bearing in mind that this is their first chip and so some teething problems, albeit they were major, are likely expected...

Does everyone forget antenna-gate with the earlier iPhone whereby if you held it a certain way you lost all signal as your hand blocked the antenna?

Let's see how the update goes.

Soldato
I was just messing about in settings and noticed that my preferred network type was set to 4G for some reason. I switched it to 5G and I'm now getting 5G reception at home that I didn't actually think I could get.

Just thought I'd share ..

Associate

Had this too, thought maybe I had some conflicting setting with Smartlock. Will be great if this has been fixed for me.

Associate
The only issue I had with the phone (and hoping now fixed) was the auto-rotate/tap back sensor stopping after an undetermined time until reboot (could stop after hours or perhaps a couple of days)
That issue is fixed on my wifes phone where it was broken before. I had to turn OFF the "Enable Face Detection" in Auto rotate screen settings page. If you have it on it now only stops the numbers on the camera screen from rotating when you turn the phone, this is only when you double press the power button to access the camera from the phone when locked. It works as intended if the phone is unlocked and you tap the camera shortcut.
I can replicate this on my phone now too whereas before I couldn't.
Glad I never returned the phone now as I believed it was a software issue not hardware. :)

Back
Top Bottom