Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Had a phone call before updating. Experienced the usual stuttering or dropping. Did the same call after update walking around the same rooms in the house and call quality/stability is magnitudes better.

Associate
Has anyone noticed any bugs in the latest release? I'm still on the older update so have not had the network issues that many here experienced with the December update.

I'm a bit tentative to update right now in case there is another feature-breaking bug...!

Soldato
So far so good. Back to full signal on O2 and it seems to be a solid connection. Fingers crossed.

Same here. Now I've got a properly thin case on this phone and actual mobile signal I feel like I can give it a proper go instead of going back to my P5 every few weeks.

Soldato
I've been wanting to try the Pixel 6 Pro after the last few of my Samsungs have been rather problematic with various issues I've completely lost interest in the brand. Last few posts in this thread have left me rather deterred now, is the general concensus that the Pixel is best avoided or...?

I'm mostly interested in battery life and camera, other than that it's just a Facebook and Reddit machine for me I'm not massively interested in phones but don't want it to be a nightmare.

Soldato
I've been wanting to try the Pixel 6 Pro after the last few of my Samsungs have been rather problematic with various issues I've completely lost interest in the brand. Last few posts in this thread have left me rather deterred now, is the general concensus that the Pixel is best avoided or...?

I'm mostly interested in battery life and camera, other than that it's just a Facebook and Reddit machine for me I'm not massively interested in phones but don't want it to be a nightmare.

Wait for a few days and check back, the update only dropped a couple of days ago and so far it looks like it actually has fixed a lot of issues.

In terms of battery life and camera however this phone definitely ticks those boxes. Tensor does get hot on high load but I still have been easily getting through a day on a single charge.

Associate

Last week I would have said avoid it, but now that the phone actually gets a signal again, I would recommend it.

The camera is fantastic (came from an S10) and the battery is amazing, the S10 would struggle to stay alive until I went to bed. The Pixel 6 has 40-60% when I go to bed depending on usage.

Today I unplugged it around 07:00 and have 1 hour 29 of screen time so far with 79% battery remaining.

Soldato
Last week I would have said avoid it, but now that the phone actually gets a signal again, I would recommend it.

The camera is fantastic (came from an S10) and the battery is amazing, the S10 would struggle to stay alive until I went to bed. The Pixel 6 has 40-60% when I go to bed depending on usage.

Today I unplugged it around 07:00 and have 1 hour 29 of screen time so far with 79% battery remaining.

Funnily enough I'm looking at moving from an S10 too, did you find that the jump between the two was worth the cost? That's good to hear about the battery, is that with the 6 or 6 Pro?

Associate
Was with Samsung since s2 and had most versions up till s10e.
Ended up hating the camera.
Got the pixel 6 at launch and love it. The camera is superb, battery lasts full day easily, even when i hammer it.
So glad i made the move.

Associate
Funnily enough I'm looking at moving from an S10 too, did you find that the jump between the two was worth the cost? That's good to hear about the battery, is that with the 6 or 6 Pro?

I have the regular 6 and the only downside on day 1 of swapping over from the s10 was the size of the 6, it's massive in comparison. Now that I am used to it though I prefer it in the hand to my wife's S20.

Between the camera and extended battery I think it is worth the cost. I got £180 for my S10 and the free Bose 700's which made it a no brainer for me.

Associate
Just had to restart my phone to get my network back to make a phone call. No calls or 4g. I'm with plusnet (EE).
Worked fine after restart. I never had any issues even being on the December patch. :confused::(

Soldato
5G is definitely holding up better after the update. Areas where moving between masts before and 5G was not properly handed over is now working properly. I no longer need to force 4G for a proper seamless experience (BT Mobile/EE, London).

Associate
Yes, mine has been spot on since the latest update. No drops of signal, and all calls going through ok. It's like a new phone again.

Very pleased with the overall package now, so let's hope Google don't **** it up again.

Soldato
Just had to restart my phone to get my network back to make a phone call. No calls or 4g. I'm with plusnet (EE).
Worked fine after restart. I never had any issues even being on the December patch. :confused::(
imagine if google broke it for those that had no problems.. and fixed it for those that did! :D

Back
Top Bottom