Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Anyone know if its possible to get a transcript for call screening? I've had a search and found details, but can't find the relevant settings, so I'm wondering if its just not available in the UK yet.

I used it the other day and could see the details of what the person who was trying to call me was saying, but then they hung up and it just vanished.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Interesting, mine was purchased directly from Google, hadn't considered this aspect, I thought carriers stopped messing around with phones but obviously not .
Mine is sim free from Google, EE sim only plan.

Settings > Network and Internet > Internet > cog to the right of the network name > Preferred Network Type
Nope.

It's not there for me and never has been. It's not even there and greyed out. I have "4G calling" which is greyed out and turned on. That's it :confused::D
Same here.

Associate
My friend at work is on EE and can't see the option. I'm on Vodafone and it's there. Don't know if the carrier stop the option or not.

Quick one. Is there any benefit of changing to an esim? I have no need for a second sim ATM but maybe when I travel again. Will reception be the same?

Associate
Since the January update I was suffering with battery drain on my standard Pixel 6. Prior to that the battery was amazing.

Had an update to Device Health Services now though and it seems to have cured the problem. Be interesting if it's fixed it for the rest of you that have had battery probs too?

Also out of interest did anyone else notice how videos in the dark have improved a lot on the main camera? Seem far less grainy than before. Now I'm just waiting for them to tweak the front facing camera as I think that's probably the only weak thing on the Pixel 6.

Soldato
Since the January update I was suffering with battery drain on my standard Pixel 6. Prior to that the battery was amazing.

Had an update to Device Health Services now though and it seems to have cured the problem. Be interesting if it's fixed it for the rest of you that have had battery probs too?

Also out of interest did anyone else notice how videos in the dark have improved a lot on the main camera? Seem far less grainy than before. Now I'm just waiting for them to tweak the front facing camera as I think that's probably the only weak thing on the Pixel 6.

Read the last couple of pages - TLDR try disabling 5G and making 4G the preferred network instead.

Soldato
Mine says GSM/WCDMA/LTE (PRL)

EE network... Not sure if it should be different but I don't get 5G here anyway

Do you ever suffer 4g drop outs with that setting?

I have tried both the recommended setting using the dialer and the default. Since the patch it's definitely been a lot better but still get a few drop outs here and there.

Soldato

where did you get that update from ?

Ive changed to 4G and still no improvement...

Soldato
The latest update has also made no difference on my 6 Pro.
I've been at work for approaching 3 hours this evening and from what I've seen, the signal has dropped 3 times.

I wonder where we'll stand with this if they can't get to grips with the issue?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Finger print sensor really starting to **** me off on phone now....

It just stops working after a few days. So I have to reregister my prints, then after a few more days none of them work and I have to re register them. Again. Rinse and repeat.

Back
Top Bottom