Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Associate
If anyone was on the 12L beta, my advice is not to move to QPR 3 Beta 1 which is what Google are pushing on the 12L beta testers. I naively downloaded yesterday on my P6 and wireless charging no longer works, battery is draining way faster and even normal wired fast charge is much slower than normal. Lots of post on Reddit about it and it seems the only way out is to wipe the device, particularly as the stable P6 release for March hasn't come out yet. I'm a little annoyed as was expecting to be moved straight onto 12.1 stable instead of another beta.
Hi are you referring to this versionS3B1.220218.004? As the one we shouldn't update to?

Associate
Hi are you referring to this versionS3B1.220218.004? As the one we shouldn't update to?
Yes, however after re-booting my phone again, things seem to have stabilised, wireless charging is working again and battery usage is also back to normal. It's really weird as I updated 1st thing Thursday morning and everything seemed to be running normally during the day Thursday. Put it on charge Thursday night to find it hadn't charged, tried another wireless charger and it was exactly the same showing as charging but no increase in percentage. Battery was also dropping much quicker than normal (about 15% in an hour whilst out taking the dog for a walk when it's in my pocket). Since re-booting mid-morning it's returned to normal. Now I'm not so sure it's related to the latest beta.

Associate
Yes, however after re-booting my phone again, things seem to have stabilised, wireless charging is working again and battery usage is also back to normal. It's really weird as I updated 1st thing Thursday morning and everything seemed to be running normally during the day Thursday. Put it on charge Thursday night to find it hadn't charged, tried another wireless charger and it was exactly the same showing as charging but no increase in percentage. Battery was also dropping much quicker than normal (about 15% in an hour whilst out taking the dog for a walk when it's in my pocket). Since re-booting mid-morning it's returned to normal. Now I'm not so sure it's related to the latest beta.
Oh OK, generally is the latest beta the best firmware out there at the moment?

Soldato
Further update on my signal woes with this god awful phone.

I contacted Google support a third time to discuss it. Once again it came as a surprise to the person I was speaking to and of course I was asked have you performed any troubleshooting bla bla bla.
I was offered a repair but not an exchange, despite me pushing for one.

I also contacted Carphone Warehouse. I was immediately offered a repair and also told that once it has been 'repaired', if it then has the same issue again, I'll be entitled to a refund.
I'm rather tempted to do that and end up getting the refund so I can buy something that is capable of working as a phone.

Googles support is pathetic and as for this handset... it's lost signal 3 times in the last 59 minutes.

Soldato
Further update on my signal woes with this god awful phone.

I contacted Google support a third time to discuss it. Once again it came as a surprise to the person I was speaking to and of course I was asked have you performed any troubleshooting bla bla bla.
I was offered a repair but not an exchange, despite me pushing for one.

I also contacted Carphone Warehouse. I was immediately offered a repair and also told that once it has been 'repaired', if it then has the same issue again, I'll be entitled to a refund.
I'm rather tempted to do that and end up getting the refund so I can buy something that is capable of working as a phone.

Googles support is pathetic and as for this handset... it's lost signal 3 times in the last 59 minutes.

if you purchased from CPW then google wont exchange. you may as well follow the CPW route

Permabanned
How's everyone experience with the Pixel 6 Pro? Need to upgrade, charging port on my OP7 Pro is causing problems. Any software issues? Worth waiting for anynew phones?

Really don't want a phone with the hole/notch but sure there's much choice now, GPU looks decent on the Pixel 6 Pro, for an Android phone anyway.

Soldato
How's everyone experience with the Pixel 6 Pro? Need to upgrade, charging port on my OP7 Pro is causing problems. Any software issues? Worth waiting for anynew phones?

Really don't want a phone with the hole/notch but sure there's much choice now, GPU looks decent on the Pixel 6 Pro, for an Android phone anyway.

What up with your charger port ? Got a pin in and cleared all the fluff out ? Makes a massive difference!

Back
Top Bottom