Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Associate
I had queried before why the updates take so long but the reason is that it updates in the background. With my previous Samsung's, you could not use your phone whilst it was updating whereas when the pixel is updating you can still use your phone the whole time.

Soldato
I had queried before why the updates take so long but the reason is that it updates in the background. With my previous Samsung's, you could not use your phone whilst it was updating whereas when the pixel is updating you can still use your phone the whole time.

Yup it has 2 OS partitions, for seamless updates on reboot.

Soldato
I believe OP had seamless updates too but it worked much faster on my 7T Pro. No biggy as you all mentioned you can still use the phone while it's doing its thing until it asks to reboot.

Update is finished, so far haven't noticed any differences yet, although I haven't had any issues previously.

Soldato
I believe OP had seamless updates too but it worked much faster on my 7T Pro. No biggy as you all mentioned you can still use the phone while it's doing its thing until it asks to reboot.

Update is finished, so far haven't noticed any differences yet, although I haven't had any issues previously.

My OP8 and 9 didn't have seamless updates support, I'm pretty sure the 7 didn't either.

How's the new update for everyone?

Associate
My battery widget is missing, that is all I know so far lol

Instructions on how to get it to appear. Does not seem anything special, simple battery percentage display?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pixel6/com...read/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=shareFor everyone who doesn't have the new battery widget

-go to play sto

-go to "manage apps and devic

-tab over to "manage" at the t

-scroll down to "settings service

-hit uninstall, and it should then give you the option to "update

this basically forces it to update to the latest version right now, instead of regularly waiting until your phone checks for update

now go and check your widgets, it was there for me.s.".s"ope"re

Soldato
I think it will be rather handy for me actually -

wpolQDh.png

One issue with the Pixel Buds (almost a dealbreaker tbh due to the amount of times they don't charge properly for the next time I want to use them) is that they don't sit back in the case properly, about 70% of the time. I have to keep trying until I see they've disconnected. Here, you get a little symbol when they start to charge,

7hqaAYb.png

Although, it looks like wasted space when nothing is connected.

c30k5zU.png

Given all my headphones are BT though, I think it could be quite handy. I feel, because of Material You, it doesn't look too bad.

Back
Top Bottom